Why can't I have nice things?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why can't I have nice things?

Post by feelingchimpy on Fri May 13, 2016 1:49 am

The Planet of the Apes RP community on Tumblr is pretty much lifeless at this point, which is super ugh because I had migrated through so many sites to even /find/ a RP community for PotA. Basically there's me and one other person left, and that other person routinely goes /months/ without replying to anything. Evan is still there too but is having trouble getting motivated, but other than that, the other three people moved onto other fandoms.

So I made a Kong blog thinking I could supplement my lack of apes with the King himself, except I found exactly one King Kong character blog, and its been inactive for 11 months (with the last posts complaining that there were no other King Kong blogs)

*insert 'everything i touch dies' / 'everything i love is doomed' type quote here*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why can't I have nice things?

Post by Mocking on Sat May 14, 2016 8:51 am

Ah, that's unfortunate...maybe it'll revive if they ever make another movie or something? Odds are actual fandom roleplayers will be few and far between, but.

Did you try messaging the Kong blog? Maybe whoever made it has it linked up to a main blog/email and'll notice you.
Mocking

View user profile http://mock-the-hero.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat May 14, 2016 3:57 pm

There's a new movie in production right now, so hopefully. But the veteran PotA RPer (even she has moved on) says the people that show up during movie hype don't last very long :/

I did message them, but they're an independent blog and they've been inactive for 11 months so I'm not sure if they still log into that account. Evan's RPing with my Kong blog either way so at least I have /something/.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sat May 14, 2016 5:44 pm

ohoho, I didn't know that. Interesting. Someday I'll actually get around to watching all of them.

Hmm...yeah, movie hype generally dies off...hopefully at least a couple people get entrenched in the inescapable fandom pit before it passes, then.
Mocking

View user profile http://mock-the-hero.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sun May 15, 2016 2:39 am

I definitely hope so. At least Evan's there to save my ass (like he always does) I still have PotA RPs with him on Tumblr and now a King Kong one too that's already interesting, lmao.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top