Where have we all gone?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where have we all gone?

Post by Detective Snow on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:17 am

TeenRPG, Swizeo, whatever, it was a pretty homely place.

I'm not here to sap about days of yore, but I don't know, I'm just wondering what's everyone been up to these days? Where's everyone spending most of their days now?

I've really drifted away from being social, speaking to just a few people and playing games on Steam. Since summer as hit, it's been a little different, not having a site to go to. I've taken off from DeviantArt, Tumblr isn't really for me, and I'm not sure I'm not a fan of the large RP sites.

I think a lot of you have graduated, and are now in college and what not. Who knows, these are all just ramblings.

AaAANyways, I hope everyone is at least doing alright, if so, what's your new HQ?
Detective Snow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where have we all gone?

Post by Mocking on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:00 pm

Derek! Long time no see, friendo.

What sort of games have you been playing lately? I need to get my Steam account operational again soon, so maybe I can do stuff with people again...anyways, how's life?

I'm currently having my bank account/soul bled dry by university. Haven't found a "replacement" site for TeenRPG (I left PA), but I'm still kicking around on Tumblr and The Inner Sanctum, which seems to be a comfortable/small rp site so far? idk I just joined like yesterday

Mocking

View user profile http://mock-the-hero.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Snow on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:26 pm

It's Defective Derek, and it has a picture of a pimp wolf.. Youll know it when you see it.

Life's been life I guess, lots of stuff happened and is currently ongoing but what can you do. It just feels really slow now do to summer. I've already lost track on what day of the week it is, and what time it is.

I guess the Cool-Leg life does that. Oo a site. I'll look into it later, sounds like a darker edgy RP site though.
Detective Snow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:36 pm

hoo boy can't wait to see that

Ah...yeah, life does that sometimes. Hopefully your summer picks up somehow. Unless you prefer lazy summers, of course.

IS is an 18+ site because it has a board for smut roleplays, but honestly if you really wanted to join (if your age on here is correct) you could probably just lie. Unless you type like a five year old, who's to know?
(I shouldn't be advocating for deception lmao)
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Snow on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:18 pm

Aw yiss. It's just shades but hey

Mix of both really. Like some things to happen, but if you spend all your summer away doing stuff it's a bit overwhelming. Also it might pick up, plans to go to colorado are in production, and rumors are I might get to go to a concert.

I saw that, and yeah, it's what I've always done. I mean really, like, it's not difficult. Most sites you don't even put in a date you just click a button. Not that I've gone to sites for only over 18+ before, that'd be crazzzyyy right
I'll probably join sometime tomorrow, or well, we shall see. I think I'm going somewhere. I'm sure I can blend in my trying to type intelligently, smoking vapes and doing drugs n shit, I hear thats what you college folk do.
(dont lie you're the master of deception and you know it)
Detective Snow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:32 pm

Just like bowties and top hats cannot exist independently from magicians, shades cannot exist independently from pimps. sorry I don't make the rules my dude

Ah, that's true. I hope your trip/concert plans pan out, then!

IS has really good moderators from the looks of things, but yeah, unless you make a nuisance of yourself I doubt they'd suspect. aw yiss come join the Kool Kids, we can also skip the classes that we pay for because that is Kool and Edgy
(I am flattered good sir)

Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Snow on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:42 pm

I want to be a magician then bowties are yes.

Thank you ;u;

The rules seema little different and more strict than most sites. Looks like its to help keep it mature and peaceful though, like any rules. They just seem odd.
Aw yiss i have so much debt but fuuuuuuukk iitt 420

Detective Snow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Snow on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:45 am

May I add your Skype-thing? Just kinda noticed it's under your icon and such on here.
Detective Snow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:24 am

Yeah, I thought some of the rules seemed strange also?? It's a little Big Brother-y how mods can read your PMs, but then, I guess if you're not doing anything wrong it doesn't matter.

Sure! I'm very rarely on Skype, but feel free.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Snow on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:44 pm

True, but it's still a littttlle weird. It feels like they're trying to avoid something most other sites really don't care about. O wells.

Alright sweet. You hath been added.
Detective Snow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:18 am

My roleplaying HQ has been Tumblr. I have five character blogs where I RP as characters from Rise/Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, some of my own ape OCs, and King Kong. None of them have been super active lately though, any roleplay fandom/site I touch is doomed apparently ene

Outside of RPing I've been kicking around FB, FA, Flight Rising, and Tumblr (I have a personal blog too) mostly. And Youtube, my documentary go-to. I haven't been up to a whole lot irl, but Courage is visiting actually in a few days and he'll be here for three weeks, so I'll be busy and happy!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Snow on Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:27 pm

Wha- How do you roleplay on tumblr? As a character? I didn't know it could work like that, that sounds super cool.

FB is facebook i assume, what is FA? And jeez how many blogs do you have on Tumblr xD Anyways still sounds interesting c: Hope your visit goes well.
Detective Snow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:10 pm

I didn't think RPing on Tumblr would be efficient at all and I turned to it as a last resort, but now I absolutely love it! Basically you start a text post with your starting post, they reblog it and add their reply, and then you reblog it again, delete the old replies, and add your reply, etc. If you tag each post you can search the tag on your blog and see all the posts if you have to. Its kindof hard to explain but if you peek at one of mine it might make more sense xD;; fatherletmehelpyou.tumblr.com If you go to http://apesfollowkobanow.tumblr.com/tagged/RP:%20uprising it'll take you to the tag page for a roleplay. You read it from the last page to the front page so its a little backwards but it works. Its clean and nice on your dash and you see the most recent first so its only backwards if you go to re-read it on the tag page. It sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is xD;; People send asks to the blogs too, speaking to the character and you reply in-character. http://apesfollowkobanow.tumblr.com/tagged/asks examples there.

I have, um, five roleplay blogs on one account and then my personal account. My roleplay blogs are all ape related, either Planet of the Apes (Rise/Dawn) or King Kong (2005 version)

FA is FurAffinity Razz I don't consider myself a furry, but there's a small community of primate artists there and I do have a fursona, so I figured why the hell not.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:54 am

I've kinda given up on roleplaying, since TeenRPG and all my Tumblr rings shut down. I've mostly just been clicking around on Tumblr these days.

View user profile http://aphbels.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:53 pm

@feelingchimpy wrote:I don't consider myself a furry.

about that

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:50 am

@feelingchimpy wrote:
@feelingchimpy wrote:I don't consider myself a furry.

about that

lmao

(my laptop is still broken aaaaaaah)
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:25 pm

@Mocking I'm gonna miss Halloween so badly, its just hitting me now D: I'm really gonna miss the Doctor too.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:40 pm

@feelingchimpy yeah, there's no sites for me to really run it on anymore, they're all too big and nobody knows me so they'd never go for it. also I'm tired. I could give it a try on here, but not many people frequent the site
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:49 pm

Yeah, hardly anybody comes on here anymore :/ Its really sad to think about Halloween without Swizeo.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:53 pm

idk what to do about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ unless a bunch of people here get on board with the idea in advance or I find a new site that's receptive to it

somewhat related: Valucre seems like a pretty friendly community so far
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:24 pm

What's Valucre? Another RP site, or?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:19 am

yeah (it's here btw), it looks like it might have some sort of site-wide fantasy roleplay going on, but I'm pretty sure there's other boards for miscellaneous things

need to look around more to make sure
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:09 pm

I might check it out, we'll see. I'm kindof disenchanted with RP sites ever since Swizeo went down tbh.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:16 pm

same
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:15 am

Okay, after much forum-hopping, I found a roleplaying site that's made me want to log on every day a couple weeks in a row. It's called RP Repository and everyone there is very lovely. It's got some cool mechanisms, too, like character profile pages that are built into the site, an encoded dice roller if you play tabletop RPGs, and a sort of roleplayer reviewer type-thing so you can find people who meet your specifications really easily.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum