Roleplay Questionnaire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roleplay Questionnaire

Post by Mocking on Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Just some random questions about roleplaying/writing in general. Feel free to skip any you don't like or add any others.

I'll add more as I think of 'em.

---

1. Do you prefer 1x1 or group roleplays?
2. What are your favourite genres to write about?
3. What are your least favourite genres to write about?
4. Any "plot candies" (things you really really like having in roleplays)?
5. Have any roleplaying pet peeves?
6. Group rolelays: how do you deal with OOC drama/infighting?
7. Do you listen to music when you write?
8. Do you tend to stick to the same characters, or make new ones each time?
9. What sites do you write on?
10. Do you like to plan plots ahead of time or just go with the flow?
11. How long have you been roleplaying for? Or writing in general?
12. Any favourite/memorable roleplays?
13. At the moment, do you have any favourite OCs?
14. Do you have a writing "style"?
15. Any character OTPs?
16. Do you make any fanart/playlists/etc for your OCs?

Last edited by Mocking on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mocking

View user profile http://mock-the-hero.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Roleplay Questionnaire

Post by Mocking on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:00 pm

b/c I have nothing better to do:

1. I like and dislike both 1x1s and groups for different reasons. It mostly just depends on the roleplay plot. Some of them require too many characters to reasonably be played by only two people.

2. Science-fiction and all its gritty offshoots (cyberpunk, dieselpunk, etc) are fun to write about. Horror!!! And fantasy. Basically anything with elements of action/adventure is good with me.

3. Straight-up romance. I can't do it.

4. Character development, worldbuilding/lore development, adventure/exploration, usually some element of combat (even though I suck at writing it lmao), blood/gore, maybe cool weapons or powers if it's one of those roleplays.

5. Oh man. Hoo boy.
- when people drop off the face of the earth. I won't be offended if they don't want to continue the roleplay, I'd just appreciate being told so I can stop thinking about it and move on to something new
- the usual godmodding/powerplaying deal
- when I'm expected to mindread or break character to produce a certain response in my post
- when other people are a little too passive and all the worldbuilding/plot planning gets pushed onto my plate
- group roleplays: when everyone wants to make an antisocial loner and it's like "great now who's going to interact in this desolate wasteland"

6. I haven't GM'd in a while, but when I did my solution was usually to warn them a couple times and then kill off their character.

7. Usually, yes, because my ears ring and my house is loud. But it's always genres that match what I'm writing, so maybe it helps?

8. I usually make new characters for each roleplay, or drastically alter old ones.

9. I'm here but not writing anything, still doing a couple things on PetAdoptables (I told Taichi and moo I'd finish them, so), and got a few things going on Iwaku.

10. A medium between the two. Every detail doesn't need to be dictated, but I like to have a general idea of where the plot's going so I can write posts that accomplish something. Otherwise I just ramble.

11. Roleplaying for six years, writing for more. Probably nine or ten? Believe it or not, I actually used to be a fanfiction writer, lmao. It started with Warrior Cats, and at the time there was a ton of roleplaying sites for them, so I stumbled across MWC and stuck around until it became TeenRPG and then Swizeo.

12. There were a couple really fun ones back on Exhibited-- one had to do with saber tooth tigers/the ice age and the other was basically Transformers. For some reason The New Benders on TeenRPG ended up being, like, my lame legacy?? even though it was just an Avatar: The Last Airbender spinoff. And Skyworld was good while it lasted. It was fun to research birds and weather patterns for it.

13. A lot of my OCs are my "favourite", but as of late I'd have to say my scruffy half-French post-apocalyptic drifter and my serial killer hitchhiker who steals people's identities (and eventually ends up being a hitman).

14. who knows lmao

15. Not at the moment.

16. Most of my OCs have a themesong, but I can't draw for shit.
Mocking

View user profile http://mock-the-hero.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:01 am

1. Do you prefer 1x1 or group roleplays?
It depends, both have advantages and disadvantages. Some roleplays work better as one or the other too.

2. What are your favourite genres to write about?
Apes?

3. What are your least favourite genres to write about?
Heterosexual romance

4. Any "plot candies" (things you really really like having in roleplays)?
Gayness

5. Have any roleplaying pet peeves?
When people obviously put very little effort into their replies (vs what they would normally put in) and when people kindof decide things involving my character without talking to me first? ie my character is going to fall in love with their's, etc. Also being expected to break character to make their ideas work... And basically godmodding/special snowflakes that everything revolves around.

6. Group rolelays: how do you deal with OOC drama/infighting?
Ain't nobody got time for that.

7. Do you listen to music when you write?
It depends on the roleplay, and if my computer will play music when I'm writing

8. Do you tend to stick to the same characters, or make new ones each time?
Same characters

9. What sites do you write on?
I have private sites with Evan and Courage, but I do my public roleplaying on Tumblr.

10. Do you like to plan plots ahead of time or just go with the flow?
Plan to a certain extent? Planning the entire thing from start to finish is pretty restrictive, but if there's no path to follow it sometimes goes nowhere.

11. How long have you been roleplaying for? Or writing in general?
Over half my life, basically

12. Any favourite/memorable roleplays?
My mini RP trilogy with Hawksong on Swizeo. The rest (aka RPs with Evan) are still going even now, just moved to private sites.

13. At the moment, do you have any favourite OCs?
I have a soft spot for everybody tbh

14. Do you have a writing "style"?
Do I? o-o

15. Any character OTPs?
All of my pairings with Evan lmfao

16. Do you make any fanart/playlists/etc for your OCs?
They all have theme songs, Evan made a couple playlists, and I've drawn art for roleplays before but its not a regular thing.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top