Halloween!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halloween!

Post by Mocking on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:57 pm

I must say, I do believe that the jack-o-lantern dropped me off at the wrong location this year. Or, the location has shrunk. Both are scientifically plausible.

In any case! I'm interested to know what the occupants of this domain are planning to do for the next thirty-one days. October is a very important month, you see (the swamps are full of leeches). I was given this list of inquiries by my human host:

• Do you decorate your house/room?
  • Do you like to dress up? As what?
  • Do you hand out candy, trick-or-treat, or neither?
  • Favourite candy type?
  • Favourite Halloween movies?
  • Do you believe in the supernatural? If so, any ghost stories?
  • Do you carve pumpkins?
  • Any Halloween traditions?
  • Do you participate in Inktober/Goretober on art websites?
  • Any songs you associate with Halloween?
  • Zombies: yes or no?
  • Is there a graveyard in your town/city?
  • Favourite cryptid?
  • Any living organisms that creep you out?
  • Had any nightmares recently?
  • Do you enjoy pumpkin-flavoured things?
  • Tell me a weird/creepy fact
Mocking

View user profile http://mock-the-hero.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Halloween!

Post by Mocking on Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:50 am

My human host appears to be neglecting their scholarly studies in favour of answering their own questionnaire:

Do you decorate your house/room?

Really want to, but all my housemates (and me) are broke. Although we might fill water balloons with glowsticks and hang them from trees in nylon stockings to look like spider egg sacks. That's all dollar store stuff, so it's doable.

Do you like to dress up? As what?

My last minute "apocalypse survivor" costume that I usually have to resort to consists of a hoodie, lower-face gas mask, and a lot of bloody bandages/dirt smudges. It would be cool to eventually assemble a plague doctor costume, but the masks are hella expensive.

Do you hand out candy, trick-or-treat, or neither?

Supposedly we're handing out candy this year, as long as our landlord's cool with hundreds of children coming to the house.

Favourite candy type?

idk, I honestly have no preferences.

Favourite Halloween movies?

Some of these aren't conventional Halloween movies/shows, but

- Nightmare Before Christmas
- Sweeney Todd
- Repo! The Genetic Opera
- Van Helsing
- What We Do in the Shadows
- Zombieland
- Coraline
- Beetlejuice
- Cabin in the Woods
- Soul Eater
- Over the Garden Wall
- The Addams Family

Do you believe in the supernatural? If so, any ghost stories?

I'm impartial. Weird stuff used to happen in my childhood house (seeing a black cat that didn't exist, hearing melodic humming, etc), but I'm probably just making it up or remembering things wrong.

Do you carve pumpkins?

heck yeah

Any Halloween traditions?

When I was younger for my birthday I used to buy a bunch of pumpkins with my friends and then destroy them with tools/farming implements. Somewhere in this world, there is a photograph of scrawny twelve year old me in a trenchcoat with a sledgehammer slung over my shoulder, lmao.

Do you participate in Inktober/Goretober on art websites?

Can't draw to save my life, but I like looking at other people's art.

Any songs you associate with Halloween?

The entire Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack (obviously), Counting Bodies Like Sheep, most of Savant's Alchemist album, the Bloodborne ost, creepy ambiance.

Zombies: yes or no?

Yes!! Zombie apocalypses were my thing in gradeschool. Everyone thought I was super weird, but then zombies caught on as some sort of cultural phenomenon, so.

Is there a graveyard in your town/city?

Yep, I used to go there a lot to read the inscriptions. Last summer I also had to track down the grave of the town's first surgeon, which was fun, except that the inscription was all in Latin.

Favourite cryptid?

Mothman, wendigos, anything else. I don't put much stock into them, but cryptids are interesting.

Any living organisms that creep you out?

Not really. I don't like wasps, but that's because they hurt. There's a lot of house centipedes where I live? They look spooky, I guess.

Had any nightmares recently?

Nah.

Do you enjoy pumpkin-flavoured things?

Sure.

Tell me a weird/creepy fact

Back when people thought leeches could cure everything, they would put them inside people with a little string tied to their tails so the doctor could "pull them out" when the treatment was finished. Unsurprisingly, oftentimes the leech just ended up having its tail pulled off (pulling its stomach out with it) and would be stuck inside the person, eating endlessly until the patient hemorrhaged and died.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:59 am

Do you decorate your house/room?
Nooo, but I wish I could D: We don't have any Halloween decorations. I had a rly cool, kindof big bat at one point but I have no clue what happened to him.

Do you like to dress up? As what?
I have a Godzilla kigurimi and a chimpanzee costume! My chimp suit has alternate heads/hands/feet though and can also be a bonobo or a gorilla, but the gorilla mask I have isn't the best.

Do you hand out candy, trick-or-treat, or neither?
Neither unfortunately ;n; Nobody trick or treats in my area so I can't pass out candy, and people say I'm too old to trick or treat.

Favourite candy type?
Candy bars <3

Favourite Halloween movies?
Mmm, I haven't really seen to many Halloween themed movies. I usually watch Rise of the Lycans and Warm Bodies around Halloween though!

Do you believe in the supernatural? If so, any ghost stories?
I'm on the fence about it. I have had experiences, yeah, but my brain isn't the most reliable sometimes and I could have been hallucinating easily.

Do you carve pumpkins?
Not anymore, they're expensive u_u

Any Halloween traditions?
Not really. I would've done Halloween here this year, though, if there were more active members. I would've been Blue Eyes from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes this year if we'd done it.

Do you participate in Inktober/Goretober on art websites?
Noo, ink is not my strong point, at all xD

Any songs you associate with Halloween?
Monster Mash and Time Warp (idk if Time Warp counts as an actual Halloween song though?)

Zombies: yes or no?
Usually no, but I love Warm Bodies!

Is there a graveyard in your town/city?
Yes... Right across from the elementary school rofl

Favourite cryptid?
Bigfoot is my brother from another mother

Any living organisms that creep you out?
Anything with more than six legs, a stinger, or massive mouthparts. Leeches too (sorry Razz) Mostly bugs freak me out tbh. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Had any nightmares recently?
Yeah, my mom died in an avalanche in our backyard. It was random af.

Do you enjoy pumpkin-flavoured things?
YesssSSSS

In one of the original Planet of the Apes movies and/or the TV series (I forgot), they had planned on having a half ape, half human child as a character. No thx. There's a rather infamous fanfiction of the reboots, though, where Caesar has a baby with a human woman and its turned into a running joke on Tumblr. His name is Norman Sky and he is... well, I'll let his face speak for itself.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:24 pm

feelingchimpy wrote:
In one of the original Planet of the Apes movies and/or the TV series (I forgot), they had planned on having a half ape, half human child as a character. No thx. There's a rather infamous fanfiction of the reboots, though, where Caesar has a baby with a human woman and its turned into a running joke on Tumblr. His name is Norman Sky and he is... well, I'll let his face speak for itself.

that's hysterical oh my g od
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:20 am

The Plague Doctor wrote:
feelingchimpy wrote:

It definitely gets a reaction out of the RP group when somebody brings him up, lmao. There's a few little memes in our community but Norman Sky is the one that is guaranteed to get a rise (of the planet of the apes... buh dum tssssss) out of us Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:36 pm

feelingchimpy wrote:
The Plague Doctor wrote:
feelingchimpy wrote:

It definitely gets a reaction out of the RP group when somebody brings him up, lmao. There's a few little memes in our community but Norman Sky is the one that is guaranteed to get a rise (of the planet of the apes... buh dum tssssss) out of us Razz

Has the fandom been getting any bigger recently? I still need to watch Dawn. Although, I did finally get around to watching Warm Bodies, which was adorable and a nice refresher from the usual "everything is Hopeless and Bad, watch zombies rip apart your favourite characters for two hours" thing.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:42 pm

We did have another Koba join, but otherwise, no :/ I'm hoping with War For the Planet of the Apes finally dropping a teaser and doing interviews, hype will start and people will join. I heard DA is even doing a series of Planet of the Apes contests and dropping comics that have audio/move (I'm sure there's a name for that?) and that almost makes me want to join DA. FA doesn't have anything cool like that D:

And yaaas, Warm Bodies is the only zombie movie I like tbh. Its suuper cute! Although I'm more attracted to R as a zombie and that makes me wonder if there's something not quite right with me xD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:18 pm

I deleted my DA because of their weird policy updates, but it's cool that they're hosting something like that.

R is an adorable zombie! I also preferred him as a brain eater over a human, idk why
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:59 am

Policy updates, eh? That doesn't sound good, if it was enough to make you delete your's :s I like the community on FA a lot more. There's the infamous weirdos but most people there are really nice!

I think the fact that he was a zombie is what made him cute bc of how he acted, and once he was human he kindof lost that cute factor really tbh.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:52 am

They might have fixed it, but at the time I deleted my account (from my understanding) they had the legal right to use anyone's intellectual property on the site for their own means, which is weird and shady. I haven't checked up on things recently, though.

Yeah, that seems right! I couldn't think of how to phrase it, lmao

The only other zombie media I've seen where the undead are portrayed similarly is the show iZombie, which I like the general concept of despite its flaws. Basically a smol zombie works for a police morgue and helps her cop friend solve murders by eating the victim's brain and getting flashbacks/visions as to how the person died. As much as I like the doom-and-gloom apocalypse trope, it's nice to see people get creative with monsters as well.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:41 am

Ick, maybe I'm right in not wanting to make an account... I hope FA doesn't have any kindof an agreement like that. At least I watermark everything I guess?

I agree, I love movies that take the time to give the monsters something behind them. King Kong (2005) had a major emotional center to Kong and it was like he was a real animal and not a monster (same guy that played Caesar played Kong, fun fact!) and the same goes for Godzilla (1998) even if most people hated it. I just like it better when they're portrayed like real living things and not death machines I guess?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:50 am

I checked out FA's terms of service, it looks fine. The DA thing was probably just poor wording they didn't clear up before people got into fits about it...but I didn't use the site much, anyways, so there was no point keeping my account.

2005 King Kong was good! I liked the swamp bugs/insect pit.
Creativity and monsters just go great together, which is probably why Halloween's my favourite holiday.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:00 pm

I did end up joining DA last night, the PotA fanart challenge series (and the chimp badge you get for participating) were just too tempting... but I'm not gonna really post there, just watch people. I mean I posted my character sheet and my challenge entry but that's gon' be it.

Christmas takes it for me, but Halloween is second and I looove it! I wish I could get into it and decorate and stuff but we don't have anything to decorate with D:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:01 pm

Hope it ends up being interesting, then!

Winter is my favourite part of Christmas, lmao
Yeah, decorations of any kind are expensive...you can get some basic dollar store stuff like cobwebs and caution tape for cheap, but it's not really worth it if you live in an area with no trick-or-treaters (unless you just keep Halloween decorations in your room all year like someone I know, definitely not me, no way).
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:14 am

I hope so too! Darn that PotA hype, it lured me in, it did.

I'd love to decorate whether people trick or treat or not, but my parents just aren't into Halloween decorating. They let me go nuts around Christmas, but not Halloween D:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:05 pm

I love Halloween decorating, there's so many bootleg things to do lmao. I like filling garbage bags with leaves and then tying them with twine at certain intervals (neck/waist area) to make body bags.

and painting Christmas villages black (◡‿◡✿) fun times
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:43 pm

omg that's so creative and amazing xD

By the way, any clowns in your area? A freaking clown was sighted in my town so I'm pretty much moving to the moon now.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:37 am

I don't think there's been any sightings in my city as of yet...but since guns aren't really a thing in Canada, I'm so down to go fisticuffs with a clown in the middle of the street.

That sucks that one showed up in your town, though. Did they do anything or just generally be creepy?

In my hometown on Halloween night a guy with a meat carver used to hide out in the graveyard, it was odd.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:27 pm

Its legal for anybody over 21 to conceal and carry a gun without a permit in my state, and you see lots of people walking around with guns slung over their shoulders too. Clowns are running a serious risk by mucking around here :/

As far as I know he was just being creepy, but it was across from an elementary school so people are really freaked out.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:24 am

I'm sensing possible dead clowns in the future, then. Elementary schools are a bad place for creepy people to mess around.

On a lighter note, I don't know what to carve into my pumpkin this year?? It'd cool to be something plague doctor related but I'm a) artistically inept and b) have no design ideas.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:25 pm

I know people have been attacking them, not sure if any have died but its only a matter of time :/

If you could get a plague doctor mask to work, that would be so freaking cool! If you aren't able to draw one yourself you could print a picture of one, tape it to a pumpkin, carve lightly with a sharp knife so it makes lines on the pumpkin, rub flour into the lines, and carve away! Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:55 am

I found a silhouette/side profile doctor that should work, I just need to use Advanced Pumpkin Carving Techniques™ to only scrape off some of the skin and let partial light shine through. If it doesn't look like trash I'll show you when it's done.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:12 pm

omg I totally want to see it!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:24 am

This year has taken a good turn. My niece remembered that I exist and that she idolizes me (rofl) so she dragged me to a little kid's Halloween event which was kindof boring but at least it was Halloweeny. Now she has also invited me to her costume party /and/ trick or treating. Awwww ye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:02 am

That's good!! Happy things worked out. Halloween's a good time.

We're carving our pumpkins tonight, so I'll see how that goes. Our fifth housemate is throwing an indefinite temper tantrum and will likely try to damper the festivities, so we might have to just sit on the front porch and hand out candy, which sucks because it's snowing here already lmao
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top