bruh
Mocking

View user profile http://mock-the-hero.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: "If we lose, it will be.... a planet of apes."

Post by feelingchimpy on Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:50 pm

@Mocking wrote:bruh

IF CAESAR GETS SHOT IN THE HEAD I SWEAR-

Also did you notice the albino gorilla in the bg of one shot? I'm hoping that's Bad Ape, Steve Zahn's character. That would be so freaking cool

Also I definitely heard Koba scream at one point but that could just be recycling sounds for the trailer bc they don't have much finished just yet

And I'm VERY CONCERNED by the lack of Blue Eyes in the clips........... If something happened to my emo ape prince, I will not be okay :I

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:35 pm

Hopefully he won't. It looked like one of those scenes where something happens at the last second to save him?

I didn't notice the gorilla, but that sounds cool!

also Woody Harrelson is in it heck yiss
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:26 pm

I'm hoping so, I mean they showed that footage at Comicon as the first look anybody got at the movie. That would be a HUGE spoiler for a first look imo. I am really afraid that he'll die... or anybody, rofl, but I mean if any of the movies is setting up for him to die, it'd be this one. The last of the trilogy, the movie that makes him "become a legend in ape history" according to the director. Just. nnnngh. I'll be so upset if he dies :c

I'm not sure if I've seen Woody in anything before but I mean, I cannot bring myself to feel much for the humans in these movies (Except Will and Charles) so I doubt I'll care much about whatever tragic backstory he's said to have tbh. I'm just ready for the apes to take over already rofl

Koba's followers fighting alongside the humans against Caesar hurts my heart, by the way. Nnnnngh.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:17 pm

I guess it would make sense for him to go down in ape history leading the cause and dying for it, although it would suck emotionally for the audience. From a storywriting perspective it's possible, but I don't know enough about the franchise overall to say for sure so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh no, I'm sure I'll hate his character too, lmao, I just think it's ironic that it looks like he's once again been cast in the role of Gun-Loving Father Who Lost His Son (like he did in Zombieland and probably some other movies too idk).

gonna be intense
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:36 am

The original Caesar in the original movies didn't die, so I'm clinging to the hope that this generation's Caesar doesn't either. I don't think I'll be able to wait for this to be out on DVD to see it, but I also don't want to sob at the theater :s

Okay, if he's in Zombieland, I've seen him before xD Apparently it wasn't enough to make an impact bc I didn't remember his face, rofl

Yes it is, they're saying this one is much darker and more emotional than Dawn and if that's true, I'm gonna d i e

(Also, how can PotA possibly get better? Apes. With bows & arrows. That's how.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:27 am

Another trailer with almost all new footage dropped the other day and this movie is going to be so intense!

In this new trailer we also saw Blue Eyes, Milo, and Cornelia, which we didn't in the first one. I was so excited to see Caesar's family! But it is looking like something big might happen that drives Caesar to go try to kill the Colonel... "They must pay. I will end this." For Caesar to say "they must pay", some serious things had to have gone down. I just hope Blue Eyes doesn't die... It would be perfect motivation to tip Caesar over the edge, but he's my favorite character and I'll be so upset if he gets killed off to further the plot.

It also seems like there's one gorilla character that is Woody's right hand ape, it even shows him pulling Caesar along by a chain around his neck. For any ape to be willing to do that... He's definitely turned bad, and I really want to know why. I hope he's developed and feels like a real character, because he's so intriguing already. Caesar speaking to him saying "You will never be one of them. You are /ape/" was really neat also, a nice counter to him saying "you are not ape" to Koba at the end of Dawn. I'm excited to see that conversation play out, but I have to admit I really hope the gorilla turns away from the humans by the end. It looks like there's some point where he might be questioning his decisions based on a little clip showing his facial expression in the trailer. I have no idea what is going on in it and I'm frankly terrified to speculate rofl

We also finally got to see Bad Ape, who they've talked about in interviews a lot. He's our first glimpse into the fact that apes are still around who were never part of Caesar's group, but were affected by ALZ. I'm nervous that they'll try to use him for /too/ much comic relief (they've already said he's tragic, but also funny) and I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of his design, he looks too strange and proportioned like a cartoon compared to the others, but we'll see what they do with him!

(Also... how can PotA possibly get better? Apes. With bows & arrows. AND BONE PIERCINGS. That's how.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:42 pm

My prediction for the new movie (I know the picture doesn't use the proper terminology but what the heck).

Optimistically, the humans blowing large amounts of apes to bits or capturing them might also piss Caesar off enough to say that, so Blue Eyes might be okay. But atm who knows?

Hmm...maybe Bad Ape will have a redemption scene, then. I can't imagine the humans would have much interest in keeping a gorilla around if they succeeded in wiping every other ape off the face of the earth, no matter what that gorilla did for them. Hopefully if he's smart enough to load a gun he's smart enough to figure that out.

also heck yiss bone piercings
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:30 pm

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. That it'll get to a point where Caesar has just seen too much suffering from his apes and puts his foot down. plsplspls

Bad Ape isn't the gorilla (although I understand why people think so xD The name would make sense) he's a chimp that Caesar encounters along the way. As far as we know right now the gorilla is named Donkey (or, rather, that's what he was re-named by the humans. They call all of their apes derogatory names from what interviews have said) I really do hope he redeems himself by the end... I'm curious as to his backstory also bc when it shows a closeup on his face, there's a scar on his brow ridge that is way too perfect to have been an accident. Its directly in the middle and follows the curves perfectly all the way across. I wonder if that has any meaning behind it? bc all of the apes shown with scars so far have had plot points or big moments in their lives that related to them.

Apparently the ape with bone piercings is named Spear and he'll be in a few scenes at least! Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:35 am

Ohh, I see. If the gorilla is named after Donkey Kong I'm gonna. idk. writhe around violently for a while.

But yeah, I think it's reasonable to assume he'll have a backstory, motivations, and possibly a redemption scene. The movies seem to be pretty good about that.

I'm getting one of my roommates to watch Rise/Dawn after exams are done.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:44 pm

I think they said its partly mockingly referencing Donkey Kong, but also partly bc they use him as some people use donkeys, for carrying supplies and all that. They use franchise names as insults for the apes that work for them, to my understanding. Not that the apes probably understand it but oh well, I guess? Maybe its nicer that way? Sometimes its nicer for the victim to not really understand the insult, I think.

Yaaas! I got my sister and her boyfriend to watch them recently and even though they were skeptical, they said they were really good. I think everybody who I have had watch them has liked them (except my ex boyfriend, who hated any movie I chose purely bc it was me who chose it and not him) and I have gotten A LOT of people to watch, so that's a pretty good record, I'd say! Usually most people dislike or are indifferent to movies I love, so this is pretty cool for a chance of pace Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:31 pm

Hmm, interesting...it'll be neat to see how his character shapes up, then.

I showed my roommate Rise and Dawn back to back and they really liked them btw!
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Yaaas! I'm sad that I've basically run out of people to make watch them now, lmao. I love watching them with people ;u;

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu May 18, 2017 5:45 am

FINAL TRAILER DROPPED. This is going to be so intense omfg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxjPjPzQ1iU

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu May 18, 2017 5:55 am

I'm suspicious about a few things in the new trailer -

-It shows ape children escaping cages. It also shows Caesar hugging one of them in the human compound. Maybe Milo was captured by the humans and that is what Caesar is referring to when he says "they must pay"? That is a much better alternative to Blue Eyes getting killed to trigger it tbh and I hope I'm right about this hunch (my bby CANNOT die) because it makes so much sense for Caesar to want Blue Eyes to stay behind with the colony in case anything happens to him and his group, since his most trusted advisers are going with him to face the Colonel. The ape colony needs somebody to lead them if this all goes sour.

-It shows Nova (the little girl) crying and putting a flower behind Luca's ear as he lays on the ground. Earlier trailers showed him putting the flower behind her ear. So its looking like poor Luca might not make it out alive... At least, he definitely seems to be injured somehow. This is nOT okay D:

-It shows Rocket looking distressed on the ground, and then the Colonel shooting. It could have been spliced together to imply something for hype, but it looks like Rocket might not make it either. I am doing to dIE. It showed him in a cage also so it looks like he's captured at some point. Since we know Caesar also is, it makes me wonder if his whole group gets taken prisoner?

-Caesar definitely frees all of the ape prisoners. That, or somebody else does. Either way we know the cages end up empty and they're all facing the Colonel with Caesar.

-The Comic Con rumor about Caesar intending to shoot Nova and Maurice pushing his gun down was proven true, it showed it in the trailer. To think of what Caesar must have gone through to be willing to point a gun at a little girl kills me inside.

-Still no new footage of Blue Eyes, nnnngh.

I also got to the bottom of that traitor gorilla's name. Its either Red or Rex depending on which site you look at. "Donkey" is put across all of the traitor apes' backs so that the human army can recognize friendlies.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu May 18, 2017 2:41 pm

I don't know anything about anything but I'm excited anyways, lmao. And suspicious. Always suspicious.

Here's hoping Blue Eyes makes it out alive!
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu May 18, 2017 2:53 pm

I want everybody to make it out alive but I have a terrible feeling that they're going to kill off everybody but Maurice. If they go the same route as the originals, the orangutans are the highest ranking, then the gorillas, and chimps are the lowest. So I feel like that might get set up a little in this movie, and if everybody but Maurice is killed, that puts Maurice as the new leader and gets that in motion. I hope I'm wrong D:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu May 18, 2017 8:36 pm

Maurice is my fave so I'm indifferent either way, though of course, everyone dying is never the optimal ending.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu May 18, 2017 11:30 pm

The director or producer or somebody, I forget who, said that by the end of the movie there is a loser, but no real winner. So it sounds like this is going to be a downer. He already said its much darker and more emotional than Dawn, and Dawn freaking wrecked me so this is going to be an experience xD I'm waiting for it to come out on blu-ray to see it bc I won't cry in public and I would be sobbing ugly tears in a theater, I guarantee it. I'll inevitably know everything that happens before I see it though bc of the community on Tumblr. I also have both books (prequel that happens between Dawn and War, and an actual novel version of War) preordered so there's also that.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Fri May 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Ah, the good old Pyrrhic victory. Guess we'll see.
Is the tumblr community anymore active than it was before? I remember you mentioning a while back that it had slowed down.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat May 20, 2017 3:47 am

Not really. A new person joined and I've been RPing with them, but its basically just the two of us. There are still some oc blogs that will RP with PotA blogs, but I don't count those as part of the community really bc they're not actually PotA geared characters, they're multiverse/multiuse.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:16 pm

I got my copy of War for the Planet of the Apes: Revelations yesterday, and read it. It was absolutely fantastic! Just like Firestorm bridged between Rise and Dawn, Revelations bridged between Dawn and War, and it did a magnificent job at setting the scene. It introduces important characters to the film, like Winter the albino gorilla and Red, the gorilla we see fighting on the human side (not to mention the human Colonel himself) and gives them backstory that could potentially be touched on again in the movie. Many characters were further developed and introduced, and it seemed that every character had a role to play in the story. It also touched a lot on Ash's death and the effect it has on Blue Eyes, Rocket, and Tinker. It actually made me cry in some parts where Blue Eyes was thinking or dreaming about Ash, and when he found Ash's body. I'm so glad that it was touched on, because it held so much weight in Dawn and it wouldn't have felt right for it to be swept under the rug afterward. Blue Eyes had a very large role in the book, also, which I'm thrilled about because it seems that he won't have much in War. And of course, like with Firestorm, Revelations showed us Cornelia being fearless and defiant. The movies don't seem intent to show that side of her, which is a huge shame, because she's a spitfire in the books and its fantastic.

Overall, I actually enjoyed Revelations more than Firestorm and I'm shocked, because I absolutely love Firestorm. So I would say that if anybody is on the fence about reading it, absolutely give it a shot. I couldn't put it down, and didn't, until I finished reading it. And I'm not even a big reader!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:38 pm

oKAY I am suddenly much less excited for this movie

The embargo is up and people who saw advanced screenings are allowed to talk about it now

And I've seen 3 or 4 reviews all confirming that at least two apes die in addition to the apes that the trailers suggest die too

At this rate they might only leave one or two main character apes alive by the end of the movie. Not including new characters introduced in this movie, I'm talking main characters from the other two movies

These bastards

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:29 pm

Hmm, concerning. Maybe it's supposed to be some dumb gritty commentary on how society/consciousness is ultimately self-destructive or something, idk. Either way the tragic everyone-dies ending in post-apoc is kind of tired, and also it seems like a waste given all the care put into the previous movies? Maybe they can pull it off. who knows. not me.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top