"If we lose, it will be.... a planet of apes."

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "If we lose, it will be.... a planet of apes."

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:47 am

I mean everybody is expecting Caesar to die, and I kindof expected one of the confirmed deaths but I hoped I was wrong. The other confirmed death and two implied ones caught me totally off guard, ughhh.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:54 am

Good news, at least, is there is a new female ape! She's a chimp, and I suspect she's Lake, who was introduced in the new prequel novel as Blue Eyes' love interest. It looks like she might have a larger role than Cornelia had in Rise and Dawn, which is awesome. Everybody wants more ladies in on the action in these movies. Cornelia is a fantastic character who has been sorely underused. Hopefully Lake fares better!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:57 pm

Well that's something, at least. Cornelia was defo my favourite character when I watched the originals, so it'd be cool to see another character similar to her.
Mocking

View user profile http://mock-the-hero.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:09 pm

I found out everything that happens, including who dies and how. Je. sus. christ. Some people recorded some clips on their phones and put them on Youtube, I'm not sure how long they'll be there for, but I cried SO HARD at the ending clip. I thought I was at least half prepared because I knew what happened, but seeing it is way different than hearing about it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:19 pm

Ah, darn, that doesn't bode well. Did it at least seem like a good/cinematically pleasing ending?
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:55 pm

I'd say given the situation and circumstances, its MUCH better than it could have been. I'm not going to sit here and say its a completely happy ending, because its not. Its half and half, maybe a little more happy or a little more sad depending on what you were hoping for. The last scene itself is very touching, heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. And the music is handled beautifully. It reprises some of Dawn's music, which gives it so much more meaning.

The last 20 minutes are intense, though. One of the new characters has what I expect is probably his best scene in the entire movie. I can't say that for sure until I've seen the whole thing, but I doubt his other scenes will top it. The music in that scene is fantastic also!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:55 pm

One of my roommates and I will probably see it at some point, then, if it's got the seal of approval from you, lmao.

Do you happen to know if Maurice dies? Maurice is my roommate's favourite and they cry really easily so I maybe won't take them to a public showing if that's the case.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:20 am

Maurice doesn't die, but if they cry easily, they might want to skip this movie. There are a lot of important character deaths and the scenes that I've seen so far were all very sad. Almost everybody that I know who has seen it have said they cried, at least teared up. The only person who didn't wasn't invested at all and only saw it because they were bored. One of my friends said almost the entire theater was crying by the end x__x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:50 pm

Oh jeez, lmao. There's something about animal suffering/death in movies that gets to people so much easier than human death. Thanks for the heads up! We'll probably just wait for it to come out on dvd or Netflix or something.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:51 pm

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I don't need to cry so hard that I make a fool of myself in public, lmao. There are a few scenes on Youtube from people who sneaked recordings, that's all I've seen.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:17 am

Okay so I did get to see it and it was definitely emotionally intense, wow. I cried 5 times, but I can probably bring that down to 2 times the next time I see it. I'll never not cry at the ending u g h

I like Rise and Dawn better because they had better stories imo, but that's not to say War wasn't also really good.

I don't want to say very much though bc spoilers x:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:19 pm

hopefully I can get to watching it soon hhhhhh-
Although I am weak for reprised music.

Oh yeah. Out of the complete blue, my brother watched and enjoyed Dawn?? He didn't know he was supposed to watch Rise first, but he told me his favourite characters are Caesar and Blue Eyes, lmao.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:58 pm

Your brother has good taste! :p Blue Eyes is my favorite, too. Hence my current icon xP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top