Kong: Skull Island

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kong: Skull Island

Post by feelingchimpy on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:18 pm

I saw Kong: Skull Island yesterday and it was fantastic!

Side note: There was a War for the Planet of the Apes preview before the movie and I almost lost my shit, I'm so hyped!!

Without spoiling too much: I didn't like Kong's design as much as the 2005 version, but his relationship with the native tribe was very different and refreshing. This Kong really did feel like a god, something mythical but still real, and I loved that. Its tough to say if I liked Kong's personality more in this one or not since he wasn't given much chance to develop or show one, so I'm going to have to go with 2005 on that front also. Its difficult for me to compare the films themselves since they told very different stories, though. But I was pretty satisfied with how Kong: Skull Island ended, I will say that! I would have liked to have seen more of Kong himself, but Legendary didn't show much of Godzilla in their 2014 movie either, so I'm not surprised. I'm hoping they'll both get more screentime in the upcoming movies in 2019 and 2020 (which I am also hyped for!)

Anybody who plans to see it but hasn't yet, STAY FOR THE CREDITS! There's an after credits scene that made me just about explode, and it sounds like a lot of people didn't know it was there! Everybody else in the theater left before it, and a few of my friends who have already seen the movie also said they left before the credits scene. I'm not talking the scene that's right before the credits, I mean after they finish. I don't want to spoil it, but in my opinion at least, its definitely worth staying for!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kong: Skull Island

Post by Mocking on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:36 am

One of my roommate's moms gave them money for all of us to go see a movie, so I was planning to try and weasel my way out of Disney for Kong or Logan instead. I liked the 2005 movie, so...? The swamp bugs were rad. I used to have the DS game for it, lmao.

Interesting that there's an after-credits scene, though. I never know when to stick around or not.
Mocking

View user profile http://mock-the-hero.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:15 am

I haven't seen either of those other two movies so I can't say if they're any good, but I would definitely try to see Kong at some point if you can! I had never seen Tom Hiddleston in anything before and I really liked him, he's adorable and definitely a good actor. It was trippy to see Toby Kebbell play a human though, in every expression he made, all I saw was Koba xD The casting worked very well though I think, they had a lot of big names in it and I had been worried that they had blown the budget on getting good actors with a meh script, but it was actually really good. They even included Terry Notary in the beginning actor credits! I was so thrilled, because movies don't always give due credit to performance capture actors. Terry is an unsung hero... He's the one who trained all of the Planet of the Apes actors to do the performance capture ape acting (he also played Bright Eyes, Rocket, and lots of extra apes) for Rise and Dawn, everybody who has worked with him says he's amazing at it, and he played Kong himself. I was fangasming over two PotA actors in one non-PotA movie, ngl Razz Its just so cool, because Andy Serkis, who plays Caesar, did the performance capture acting for Kong in 2005. I hope these Planet of the Apes actors continue getting performance capture roles, they're so damn good at it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:47 am

Hiddleston is a good actor, I didn't know he was in Kong. It's interesting that there's some PoTA cast crossover, though. Probably made for a better movie overall.

V important question: does Kong still end up snapping the jaws of a dinosaur because that was great
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:45 pm

He's basically the main character~ It did imo, these guys already knew how to play apes so that probably made the process a lot smoother, even if Kong doesn't... really act like an ape rofl

Noo there's no dinosaurs on this version of the island, lots of big weird animals, but no dinosaurs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:19 pm

Hnng, I could go see it on Friday but I have five essays due next week so that probably wouldn't be a smart move :c I'm caught up on PoTA, so that's something I guess.

Big weird animals are Good.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:57 pm

Good luck with those essays!! There'll always be other chances to see it~

Yess, a couple of them are adorable imo!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:31 pm

My roommates came back very excited about "my cameo" because apparently in the Beauty and the Beast revamp there was a plague doctor in one scene and his only line was "get out", lmao. Maybe I can go see Kong when finals are over (if it's in theaters that long).
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:30 pm

omg rofl you're famous now, I hope showbiz treats you well! Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down