annual summer whining

View previous topic View next topic Go down

annual summer whining

Post by Mocking on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:52 pm

I think it's already known that I'm an incorporeal ice spirit that ceases to function if it gets any hotter than 15C so I'll just cut to the chase:

- I was doing fine in the city but I had to chase a job back to my hometown which is a Bad Place that kills my will to exist and every time I finally get away from it my financial dependency drags me back
- if the job only gets cleared for one grant instead of two they won't hire me due to my biological gender because apparently it's too "unsafe" for women to work alone??
- but I need money to live my dudes
- mostly I just hate the heat
- also i have to attempt getting my driver's license again this summer which is definitely going to go as poorly as it did last summer lmao

im dying squirtle
Mocking

View user profile http://mock-the-hero.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: annual summer whining

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:02 pm

Yeesh. In that case I hope two grants get cleared... That seems like a silly policy to me. I hope you're able to get out of that hometown of your's for good soon, I remember this being a frequent issue over the years :/

Its not hot here yet, in the 60s on a good day, but its nice. Its not too hot or too cold. But the downside to this season is the mud... sooo much mud :I

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:40 pm

Yeah, it's a weird policy. I've mentioned it offhandedly to a few people like "isn't that wild haha" but they all think it's totally reasonable because we live in Hicktown and it's still the 1950s here. Although, I guess to be fair this place is shady as hell. Someone robbed the pharmacy with a pickaxe last year and arson/bodies turning up in the river isn't uncommon. It's just a strange little town ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah, mud's a pain. It steals your shoes >:c
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:45 pm

Goodness .__. The biggest thing this town has seen in ages is one of those clowns showed up and chased some kids, but it just turned out to be their father pulling a prank on them. Sometimes bored teenagers go around robbing people's garages and cars of soda and spare change and cigarettes but nothing too major really. I guess I'm lucky in that respect. Yeesh. Well at any rate, I hope you stay safe! That town of your's sounds a little wild o_o

Yes it does :I Its miserable when any surface not paved with asphalt is quicksand mud for a couple months.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:31 am

Nah, it'll be fine. I grew up in shady places so I'm also a little shady lmao. Family and rednecks aside, the town itself is kind of interesting? It's small but so much weird stuff happens in it (from the more criminal "that darn meth lab under the dentist's blew up" to Night Vale-esque claims of people seeing a black wraith in the woods).

Glad that both the clowns and the teenagers turned out not to be dangerous! Jury's out on the mud. it hungers
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:47 pm

Well, at least it sounds like there's never a dull moment xD Jeez!

The mud is much more dangerous, methinks.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sat May 13, 2017 8:13 pm

Well, the weirdest thing happened, lmao.

After years of my job nailbiting down to the last minute wondering if the government was going to give them any money to hire students, they made a clerical error and requested nine grants and were given all of them.

So, there's going to be three full timers, two part timers, and for some reason they promoted me to staff supervisor and I reeeeeally just want to wear this shirt every day. But alas, I must be professional.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sun May 14, 2017 7:55 pm

Well, that works! rofl Enjoy your newfound power, my friend Razz I'm so glad it all worked out!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top