♦ Evan ♦ Best Kept Secret or Biggest Mistake? ♦ Kadin ♦

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ♦ Evan ♦ Best Kept Secret or Biggest Mistake? ♦ Kadin ♦

Post by Amelia on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:41 pm

Raine flinched at the contact, quickly yanking his hand and the pencil sharpener away, drawing away even more the moment he noticed his classmate's irritated expression. Shoving the sharpener back into pocket, Raine mumbled something that sounded vaguely like a "thanks" before he was off again, eager to put as much distance between him and the person.

"Well, that was an utter disaster." he thought, attempting to calm himself with deep breaths, which didn't seem to be working, thanks to how fast he was moving. "Hopefully, I won't have to talk to them again. God, I'm such an idiot..."

Thankfully for his overthinking brain, English consisted of busywork instead of an actual lesson, which suited him just fine. Anything to keep him focused and not thinking about anything else. Then in a few hours, he'd be able to run back to the woods, take pictures, and hide until it was dark, like he did every day. Maybe he'd actually be able to get a decent shot of an animal for once...

View user profile http://aphbels.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:23 pm

Noel was glad for the distraction from what had happened, even if hia art teacher was a bit of a kook. Doing the thing where he had to slam the clay on the table was incredibly relieving and he felt his shoulders hanf a little less stiffly by the time he was done, even if he was certain he had done it more than was really needed. He was supposed to be making an interesting clay container but his was little more than a lump with a hollow center, and that was fine with him.

As long as it didn't involve thinking about his own feelings.

He was good at avoiding that for the mostly part; if he focused on schoolwork and how people saw him he didn't have to make sense of or explain what he felt. And god knows he wasn't going to do that. And if he wanted to talk to somebody that meant examining how he felt about people in general.

And he didnt want to talk to her anyways, right?

He was just seeing her more than he saw most people, was all. It was bound to get to him.

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia on Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:27 am

By the time the lunch hour rolled around, Raine had already forgotten the morning's awkward experiences in favor of mentally going over his ideas for the afternoon's photography session. He had already decided the goal was to capture a decent photo of a squirrel, but it wouldn't hurt to have some other ideas, just in case.

Humming to himself, he spun the dial on his locker, looking reasonably content. Lunch usually meant that Raine would sit in the airlock alone, listening to music for the duration of the lunch period, which suited him just fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:25 pm

Noel had long since learned that getting onto the roof of the school didn't even require the ability to pick a lock; as long as you could jiggle the padlock on the door properly, it opened without a hitch and you could make it 'locked' against just as easily as getting it open. Therefore, despite being caught one or twice, they never changed the lock and he continued taking his lunch time to well above everyone else as long as the weather permitted him.

That said, he didn't want to make it harder for himself by dragging his stuff with him.

Honestly, when he yanked open his locker this time he didn't intend to bother his neighbour; he did have more important concerns than the person who way or may not have actually caught his interest, like the fact that he wasn't entirely sure he even had a lunch today. It was hit or miss whether he or someone else remembered to get it into his backpack, and if it was a miss he wouldn't be eating until some time after nine. Not that he was unused to it, in all honesty.

Of course, he wasn't the gentlest person and when his door slammed into that of the person beside him, it was less happenstance and more inevitability.

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:10 pm

Raine had just been straightening up when the door smacked into him. Caught completely off guard, he was knocked to the side, his body painfully slamming back down onto the concrete floor. Perhaps if he had been standing, it would have been much worse, but Raine would certainly have a nasty bruise where the door had smacked into him.

He didn't even look up; he knew perfectly well what had happened. His wonderful locker neighbor had once again decided that Raine was completely nonexistent, or at least completely invisible. Just like how everyone else saw him.

For someone that took pride in their lack of a social life, the thought was a lot less comforting than it should have been.

(Is Raine going to make it out of the roleplay with all of his limbs intact? Razz )

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:47 am

"Jesus christ!"

As a person known for bad decisions and more than a few bloody noses, even Noel had to admit he felt a bit bad, then. Seeint her just jump because of the sound that the metal made when it frashed together was one thing but this was another. It wasn't like he intended to hurt her, and she hadn't done anything tp him, really.

"Are you okay!?"

There was a somewhat uncharacteristic note of concern in his voice that he winced at. Moreso because it sent the pitch if hus voice further up, and he already had enoughh issues with that as it was.

He was screwing up today, or something.

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia on Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:05 pm

Getting up hadn't even occurred to Raine; it took him a few moments to even realize that he had been knocked to the floor. Still, he made no move to get up, his eyes still focused on the tile that he was laying on. It took his brain a few moments to piece the events together.

His locker neighbor had been careless again. Only this time, he decided that Raine needed to be hurt this time, as if hearing the clanging metal every single day wasn't bad enough.

Perhaps the logical explanation would be to be angry, but Raine's immediate response was fear. Had he done something wrong? His locker neighbor seemed perfectly fine during math. Had he decided that he no longer wanted to put up with Raine? What had he done to irritate his classmate?

"I need to run." he thought, the idea occurring to him at a painfully slow pace.

But he couldn't. He was frozen with fear. Completely vulnerable. Just like the old days.

(I rewrote this twice and I'm still not happy with it, bleh.)

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:16 pm

Noel waited for a response and when none came, was at the same time more concerned and also more frustrated. He was trying to do what he was supposed to, what a normal person would do, which was ask if someone was okay, but the kid was just lying there.

Is she dumb or something?

That aside, he crouched down and held out a rather reluctant hand, even if his demeanour didn't soften all that much. He didn't want to help her up, but he also hadn't intended to hurt anyone today, particularly not someone who wasn't all that annoying compared to others. At least she was quiet, and she was never yammering away about something that had happened to someone else.

"Do you wanna get up or what?"

(You're fine~)

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia on Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:27 pm

Raine wasn't entirely sure how long it was before his brain finally began to function properly, but when it did, the first thing he noticed was an outstretched hand. His brain numb, he took it without a second thought.

Someone was saying something, but it sounded muffled. Did it matter? It was probably just a random conversation that was happening around him. Had anyone noticed what had happened? Was he being stared at?

He looked up, not entirely surprised by the face that greeted him.

"Thanks for that." he said, his voice barely audible.

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:54 pm

"Its nothing...." Noel paused for a moment and chewed on the inside of hus mouth before speaking again, "I didn't mean to hit yoiu."

It wasn't an apology but for Noel it came close. He didn't like to admit he had done something he hadn't met too, or that anything was an avcident. If it was intentional then at least he could insist he knew what he was dpoing and other people couldn't really make decisions for him, could they? At least, he saw it that way. It was a little convoluted at times, but that didn't diminish the current significance of what he had said to his locker neighbour.

Now there was the awkward moment though of silence, and he rather doubted that she would break it. How did you talk to people? Actually talk, not talk back? He huffed quietly and looked anywhere but at her, teeth holding the inside of his cheek.

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:03 pm

"Okay." he replied, deciding that arguing was not the best option. His side was still throbbing; he had no desire to be on the reverencing end of another injury. Not reacting wasn't always the best option, but his locker neighbor seemed passive enough at the moment. No reason to irritate them again.

The moment he had pulled himself into a sitting position, Raine let go of his classmate's hand, keeping his gaze downcast, as usual, shaking slightly. Now that he wasn't numb, he was perfectly capable of returning to his usual state of constant anxiety, which was exactly what he was doing. The person was much too close for comfort and the atmosphere was unbearably awkward. Yet, nothing worthy of a conversation came to mind. Instead, Raine moved away from his locker neighbor, putting much-needed distance between the two of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:02 pm

Noel waited another few moments before straightening up to his full height, and looking down at her. She really was nervous, wasn't she? Christ, what was she afraid of? He wasn't that scary, was he? Maybe his reputation was worse than he thought? It wasn't like he went around actively instigating things just for the hell of it. There was a certain amount of keep-you-head-down he needed to do, to avoid being moved again.

And god knows what would happen if he got placed with another Christ-is-our-saviour family.

He scuffed his shoe against the floor for a moment, still watching her, not quite sure what to think. Delilah. It really didn't seem to fit her all that well... he didn't know why but it was the feeling he got.

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia on Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:36 pm

Slowly, Raine got to his feet, staying by the lockers as he did so. Keeping his back against the wall was a small comfort; but he was fully aware that he was probably limiting his chances to escape in the process. Yet, he had no desire at take another step towards his locker neighbor.

Raine bit his lip, unsure of what to do.

"Please don't hurt me." he whispered, regretting his words the instant they came out of his mouth. Instead of saying anything more, he resumed intently staring at the floor, as if it was the more interesting thing in the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:30 pm

Noel wouldn't say so but that statement honestly hurt him a bit and he shoved his hands into his pockets, resisting everything telling him to ball them up and hit something. Not her, but the locker or the wall. If it got rid of the angry energy he honestly couldn't be bothered what it was. But he didn't actually want to scare her, not now that she seemed honestly afraid of him.

"M'not going to." He mumbled it towards his shoes, looking at the black marks on the rubber as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. Fuck, had he messed up.

Why even bother trying tp fix the situation now? Why stand here like a massive idiot?

"I'll go, or... whatever."

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia on Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:28 pm

If there was anything that was good about someone that was constantly anxious, it was the ability to pick up on people's emotions, no matter how subtle the change. Of course, it usually worked against him and made him panic over nothing, but it was useful in some aspects.

To Raine, it was painfully obvious that he had screwed up; it was written all over his classmate's body language. (Though it probably didn't take anxiety to figure that out.) Unfortunately for him, his lack of social skills meant that Raine was fully aware of the problem, but had no idea how to fix it.

""I'm sorry." Raine said, making a conscious effort to speak above a whisper. "I didn't mean... that. Sorry."

"Nice going, Raine." he thought. "Go ahead and make it more obvious that you're a complete idiot."

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:19 pm

(I'll reply as soon as I can but I just posted something about my current situation in the announcements. If/when my tablet is exchanged/replaced I'll be able to reply consistently again but until then they'll be sporadic at best and nonexistent at worst, sorry ^.^;Wink

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:36 pm

Noel didn't know exactly what to say but that was what happened when you made it your mission to speak as little as possible and say only things that would make people not want to listen to anything else that might come out of his mouth after the fact. He only made the most minimal effort to make his foster family put up with him. He only had two more years anyways and then, whatever happened, he could try and make his own way. It was all he was waiting for, but that didn't help him right now, looking at this girl.

"S'fine... whatever."

What a charmer, really. He wanted to scoff at himself, but instead rubbed at the smudged raccoon mask of makeup around his eyes, not doing all that much to the effect but winding up with blackened fingertips for the effort, that he rubbed on equally dark jeans.

"Do you, um... need... help, with anything?"

The offer came out haltingly, some kind of desire to make the situation not as awkward and maybe improve his standing with her some making the words come before he was even sure what he was saying.

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:25 pm

It took a moment for Raine to respond, but it was in the form of rapid head-shaking. "Uh, not really. I'm fine." he said, his words coming out at a highly uneven pace. Rushing, then going much too slow. He could feel his face heating up slightly; why on Earth was socialization so damn impossible?

"What's your name?" Raine blurted out, desperate for another conversation topic that wouldn't be so unbearably awkward. "I know you're in my math class and stuff, but I never caught your name..."

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:35 pm

Noel blinked and hesitated just for a moment, instinct dragging one entirely different to his lips before he realized what he had almost said.

"Noel. Noel Clarence."

He remembered picking the name, how he had stuck not too close to his birth name but not too distant. It was one of the few things he had from his parents and even if he literally felt no attachment to them, he didn't want to entirely disregard what little they had given him.

Though he knew her name he found himself asking despite himself: "What's yours?"

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia on Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:44 pm

Raine almost froze, but old habits saved him before he could impulsively blurt out something else. "Deliah Casey." he said, only hesitating slightly. "Yeah."

Deciding that it was best to divert the topic to something else again, he glanced at the clock, eager to look away. "Uh, we've been standing here for a while... do you want to go to lunch...? You can join me if you want."

And once again, he was blurting stuff out for the sake of keeping a conversation. There was nothing that he'd like to do less than spend another twenty minutes attempting an awkward conversation with Noel and drain his mental resources by socializing with a classmate. Right? Right??

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:52 pm

Hm.

She still didn't seem like much of a Delilah but who was he to say? It wasn't like everyone picked their name, even if it was, theoretically, possible. Most people would have to wait at their age, though, at least a couple of years more.

He froze at her question however and was sure that his tongue had turned to lead in his mouth. Was his face flushed? Did his cheeks feel hot for a reason? It wasn't that he was embarrassed, really, but... it was surprising. Anyone asking him to do anything with them was... well, not really something that happened. And he didn't think he could really say yes. She was already so uncomfortable... but she had asked?

Did he want to?

"I, uh," he swallowed thickly, "I don't think... you really want my company."

That much was true. He'd already screwed up enough, anyways.

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:36 am

Well, that was that. At least he'd offered...?

Still he was more disappointed than he thought he'd be.

"Come on Raine, you can't get attached to everyone that gives you five seconds of your time." he thought. "It's not healthy."

"Alright." he said, struggling to think of something that would contribute to the conversation. "I'm in the air lock if you ever want to talk or... something."

Yeah. Something. The absolute best word choice he could have used. Strangely, it wasn't bothering him as much as it normally would have.

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:38 am

Noel rocked onto the balls of his feet and then back onto his heels for a moment, nodding briefly and trying to pretend that he wasn't biting the inside of his bottom lip in an attempt to look like he wasn't performing the undoubtedly nervous action. He was beyond being nervous or uncomfortable, or he had thought so. But that only seemed to be the case when he was being mean at the very least.

"Sure... thanks..."

The word lingered for a moment and he wasn't entirely sure if he would be able to make his escape, since his body seemed entirely too reluctant to move and his chest felt oddly tight as he stood there, but after a few moments someone further down the hall yelled something at someone and it seemed to unlock his limbs as he turned and stepped away, clearing his throat.

Damn.

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:05 pm

Somewhat relieved that the conversation was over, Raine stepped to the side, only to nearly trip on the items he had been holding when he had fallen; his lunchbox, MP3 player, and his earbuds. The latter two were quickly shoved into his hoodie; there was no way that he was going to admit that he didn't have a phone, even though his sister had one of the latest models. (Being the pride and joy of the family certainly did have its perks.)

He turned towards the airlock, but he hesitated slightly, glancing behind him. "Cya later, I guess." he said, keeping his gaze on Noel for a brief second before quickly averting his gaze and walking off towards the airlock, his hands shoved into his pockets as he did so.

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Noel nodded, watching her a little more closely than made sense before he was able to shake it off. An anomaly. Nothing more and nothing less. It wouldn't happen again and it wouldn't amount to anything in the long run, right? He hoped, at least.

Either way, he had a roof to sneak onto, if he still had the time to do so. He had wasted so much already, maybe it would just be better to go outside for a few moments and escape the general recycled air quality the atmosphere in here had. Yeah, that would be best.

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top