Urban Fantasy (Regret & Evan)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Urban Fantasy (Regret & Evan)

Post by iwillregretthistommorrow on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:23 am

Andrew walked into his class and sat down rather quickly in his desk before pulling out his book. Other students filled in desks around him, but for a few minutes  in between him arriving and the final bell ringing he would get to read. The book was one of the best he had ever read, and he was hooked, reading it everywhere and whenever he could. He heard the desks around him fill with students, all chatting about what they had done over the weekend or what they were planning to do later that Monday evening. Andrew wasn’t paying any attention to them though, just staying in the back of the room, in his corner desk reading.

It was a sleepy Monday afternoon, the last class of the day. It seemed everyone wanted to sleep, talk, or go home. Andrew would talk if not for the fact that he didn’t have friends. He was fairly new to the school, his grandparent’s decided it would be a great idea to move, and just hadn’t worked up the courage to talk to anyone. Not that anyone seemed to have noticed him quite yet. Which was quite fine with him. Also he hadn’t had to work with a partner for anything yet as well, which was good news for him. No awkward conversations with people he didn’t know at all..

Finally the bell rang and the teacher came in. “ Welcome class. Today we will be starting our partner projects-” Well looks like the streak of no partner work was about to be broken.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Urban Fantasy (Regret & Evan)

Post by OnlyEvan on Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:31 pm

Corbin was less talking to someone than talking at a group of people who may or may not have been listening. And even if someone hissed at him -- honestly, who hissed anymore? -- he kept going. There wasn't exactly any particular person he could count on to listen to his stories, so he took whatever audience he got and that meant his classmates when they were all funneling into the classroom, because they were who he had and who couldn't run away.

Of course, he did shut his mouth when the teacher showed up, and he slid from the top of his desk to the seat, but he was still grinning like an idiot and even someone who didn't know him could practically see the tail and ears he had in his other form pricked and wagging when the teacher spoke, announcing one of his few favourite things to do in school. Though he had never gotten a friend out of it, he never stopped kindof hoping that maybe, someday, somehow it would happen. And even if it didn't, they could still put together a hell of a project, right?

Well, depending on what it was...

He made himself relax a bit, but waited with bated breath for further instructions, glancing around the room for a moment, wondering who among them would be his partner.

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwillregretthistommorrow on Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:22 pm

The teacher started to rattle of names, and there were groans and murmurs of anger. But in the end the partners called would pair up. All around Andrew desks were being pushed and pulled together. He sat in his seat, dreading the moment when his name would be called.

" Corbin you will be working with Andrew. " The teacher said nodding to each boy as they said their names. Than the teacher moved on to call out the last few pairs.

Andrew looked up to find the other boy who's name had been called. He saw that it was the boy who had been telling everyone in the class, though no one seemed to care, a story before class started. He Debated silently in his head, for about a minute, whether or not he should stand and go meet his partner at his desk, or if he should let the other boy come to him. He finally stood with a sigh and stood picking up his bag before heading towards his partner.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Andrew. He was a quiet guy, right? Corbin wasn't sure, but he perked up because, well... at least he was new enough to not dislike Corbin simply on principal, right? Corbin didn't make friends easily and there was something approaching good reason for that. He had trouble relating to people properly, missed social cues that other people saw as glaringly obvious and he knew for a fact that his parents would have gotten him tested for something if they had ever been able to afford to do so, but maybe he could actually try, here?

Well, whether that happened or not they had to get this project done, so when Andrew approached he made himself tone down his smile a bit. He didn't want to look creepy, or... well... wolfish. He really thought he made a better dog than a wolf, but maybe that was just him.

"Hi!"

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwillregretthistommorrow on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 pm

Andrew saw the boy, Corbin's, smile as he approached him. He sat down in the desk next to him and set his bag down as well. He sat his book, which he had grabbed as he had stood, on the desk in front of him. He gently rubbed his forehead as he looked at the other groups, most of whom either were talking or sitting in silence. He had expected to be on of the groups that sat in silence, but it seemed Corbin had other ideas.

Andrew looked a the boy as he spoke. He knew the boy was just trying to be friendly, or at least that as his guess. So he forced a smile onto his face, even if it was brief, and thought of his reply.

" Hey. " He finally said after a second, letting his smile drop. He was about to turn to his book, for they didn't have instruction of what the project was, but the teacher had just finished pairing everyone up and most people where in a desk next to their partner. The teacher explain the project, make a presentation about a person from the textbook. They handed out a sheet saying what the presentation should include, before letting the students get to work. Andrew looked at Corbin, wondering if he was going to be the first to speak again.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:47 pm

That was a bit disappointing in all honesty, and even Corbin who was typically oblivious wilted just a bit at how... dull, his partner sounded. Well, even if they didn't necessarily get along -- he couldn't know that yet but this wasn't a great start for anything, in his own head -- they could still put together a good project. A person from the textbook... most of whom had seemed rather boring. Important, perhaps, but boring. Andrew was much more interesting simply based on three small facts.

1. He was here
2. He was alive
3. He was being made to do something with Corbin

But he couldn't focus on that, could he?

A sign later, the young werewolf was opening his textbook, peering at the table of contents and then looking at his still silent partner. If he wasn't going to start talking...

"So, anyone in here seem interesting to you?"

(A bit short and lacklustre, sorry! I'm getting back into things.)

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwillregretthistommorrow on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:05 pm

Anthony looked at Corbin as he seemed to get disappointed. He didn’t seem to like Andrew all that much, but it was to early to tell for sure. He looked up at the boy as he spoke. He flipped through the book, looking back down, for a moment, skimming through names and faces. After a few moments of silence he looked back at Corbin. “ Everyone in here seems interesting to me. But that’s because they all did something amazing to change the world. Sometimes even terrible things. But they all ended up affected the world. “ He said his face back in the book. “ Do you see anyone interesting?’ He asked, mostly out of politeness.

He looked up at the boy and moved hair out of his face as he looked at Corbin, a hand one his textbook as he waited for a response from him.

(Oh you fine. Mine’s short and bleh as well. I should warn finals and holidays will slow me down. But i’m still here!!)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwillregretthistommorrow on Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:46 pm

(Bump)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top