Holiday Extravaganza 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Holiday Extravaganza 2015

Post by Amelia on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:20 pm

The last thing Elida knew was the bright flash of white and the fearful screams of her fellow spirits before her vision went black. It was hard to be concerned at the time; she had been certain that it was all a part of the experience until the last moment, when the screams had begun. Even upon her waking, she was not immediately frightened; it had happened make too quick for her to process.

She had been thrown to the floor of the snowball during the impact, but her body heat didn't seem to be melting it, which was always a good sign. The snowball was indeed made of snow, but a melting transport snowball was never a good thing, especially during the Holiday Transfer.

She stumbled towards the door, which opened immediately at her touch. Still dizzy, she nearly fell right off; it took a moment for her to regain her balance and use the stairs, which had magically appeared in front of her.

A multitude of creatures were strewn out in front of her, most looking in much better shape than she probably was. As it was, she didn't immediately recognize the creatures as strangers, she instantly assumed that they were other holiday spirits.

"Where are we?" she mumbled, seeking out the leader of their team. "What happened?"

There was no reply from the others, only strange, unfamiliar sounds and voices.

It was at that moment that it occurred to her that she was surrounded by strangers.

View user profile http://aphbels.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday Extravaganza 2015

Post by feelingchimpy on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:41 pm

When the chimp woke up, it was immediately obvious that he wasn't home anymore.

There was no forest in sight, that was one of the first things that he noticed as he pushed himself to his feet and knuckles, shaking his head in an attempt to clear it. The next thing that he noticed was the fact that this human city was... preserved. It was in pristine condition, with lights in every window, well kept cars in driveways, each house standing. This wasn't how the apes had last seen the human city. Where was the earthquake damage? Why were the lights on? Why did this seem so populated? Humans were supposed to be gone, their cities in ruins, electricity nothing but a forgotten memory in the minds of those who had been alive in time to see it. This wasn't right. Something was very wrong.

As if that wasn't enough, other creatures were falling out of balls of snow all around, tumbling and landing in disoriented heaps on the ground, one after another. He inhaled sharply through his nostrils, struggling to remember how he had gotten here, how this could be happening, and why. But he couldn't remember. All he knew for sure was that he had to be far from the ape village and he seemed to be alone, as far as members of his own species. These creatures around him looked more human than anything else, although they didn't look quite right from what he could remember of the hairless creatures.

Cozy's eyes flicked around from face to face, muscles tense with nerves, not knowing if these were friends or foes. Some looked as confused as he was, particularly the one that came last, walking out of the ball of snow quite gracefully compared to some of the others. When that one spoke, Cozy's heart began beating a little harder, more quickly, while sinking deeper into his chest simultaneously.

She didn't know? Did any of them know where they were, or how to get back home?

The chimp's lips pursed with nervous hoots as he took a step or two backwards, now more afraid than anything else. But whether he was afraid or not, she had asked a question, so he shook his head in response, hoping she would understand. He was not well practiced with speech, and he wanted to know for sure if these creatures were friendly before he revealed his abilities. The last humans he had seen had been trying to kill the apes because of their intelligence. They had been able to evade them before because together, apes were strong. Alone, Cozy was vulnerable. He couldn't take chances.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwillregretthistommorrow on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:44 pm

Kai awoke outside of her tree. In fact she was very far from her tree. She was, instead, surrounded by other creatures, all who looked confused. She sat up looking around, expecting someone to be in charge, but it seemed no one was in charge. She rose to her feet and looked around. It seemed she was one of the last to arrive. It also seemed that she didn’t know anyone there. She suddenly heard a voice and saw another creature looking around, asking the questions she was thinking.

“ I would say that none of us know the answer to your questions hun. “ Kai said not really looking at the girl and her voice was so soft and airy she doubted that the other girl had heard her.

Kai was not worries, for this happened every year. She enters her tree to rest and she wakes up in a strange place with strange people, though every now and then there was a friendly face. It was nature for her to assume that they were all holiday spirits like her. There were alway a few newbies who had no clue what was going on. Kai just assumed that this girl was a newbie who had no clue what was going on.

Looking around once more, there seemed to be more new people than she had ever had in a group. Either that are there was just a lot of confused spirits. Kai hoped it would be the latter.

Now that her eyes had started getting more used to the area she could see past the immediate area and saw other creatures spread out among the snow. Some struggling to stand, some standing up just fine. Nearby she noticed a hairy creature, which she guessed to be some sort of monkey, though she wasn’t quite sure.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:43 am

Elida jumped slightly when the furry thing next to her moved. She hadn't been expecting that at all; she hadn't even noticed that it was even alive, or there, for that matter.

The creature, the ape, she remembered now, was shaking its head, in apparent response to her question. Were apes supposed to be that intelligent? He looked like the Earthen creature, but perhaps he was another spirit?

Her musings of the ape's intelligence were cut short by a voice, one that sounded somewhat familiar, although she had never heard the voice in her life. Hearing the voice of another spirit was a slight comfort to her, but the owner of the voice certainly hadn't been in the snowball.

"Well... that's a bit unfortunate." she said, forcing an awkward laugh. "This is Earth, right? That's where I'm supposed to be..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:55 am

The first thing Auva noticed is that they felt somehow... smaller. It was like a part of them had been cut off. Then they felt their surroundings. They were always aware of what was happening, but nothing ever had such a clear and sharp attributes. Instinctively, they opened their eyes. They attempted to take in all the information that was suddenly presented to them, but it was too much. They couldn't handle it. They quickly closed their eyes again returning to the comfort of darkness.

This thing that was happening, whatever it was, seems to have given them new knowledge. Normally, they would embrace any chance to expand their mind, but this was completely different. There were so many questions, so many challenges.

Suddenly, a voice cut off Auva's train of thoughts. It was followed by another, different one. It seemed like two separate entities were exchanging their knowledge. Auva felt obliged to join the exchange. After all, there was a rational solution to every possible problem.

"I went through a sudden change of state. I have no knowledge of how or why this happened. I wish to learn the cause of this sudden occurance." They said loud and clear, making sure the other entities would notice them. "What or who is Earth?"
Hart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:04 pm

Earth?

That word was familiar. Cozy knew he had heard it before, from Caesar, who knew everything that there possibly was for an ape to know. But what had Earth meant? Cozy was struggling to remember, if he had ever understood. Sometimes knowledge of Caesar's passed clear over his head, making him feel foolish and maybe even a little stupid by comparison. This was one of those times, even if Caesar wasn't directly involved. Cozy wanted to help, he was sure of that, but he didn't know how, or if he could actually do anything at all.

He didn't know the intentions of any of these creatures or where he was, and that was a dangerous combination of lack of knowledge. His fur was beginning to stand on end as nerves crept further up his body, but he refrained from any behavior that would be interpreted as aggressive or threatening. He didn't want to cause trouble where there wasn't any, but he had to be ready to either defend himself or flee if he needed to. But flee where? No forest, nothing familiar...

For now, all he could do was listen to the exchanges around him to get a better idea of what was going on. Then, if these creatures were deemed safe, he would offer what he knew, which seemed like precious little. He wanted to get home, but he also wanted these creatures to get home, too... If he could help with that, somehow, he would. Time would tell if there was actually anything that he would be able to do, or if his best intentions would fall flat of expectation.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:14 pm

"Earth is the planet that I believe we're currently residing upon." Elida said, grateful for the opportunity to latch onto a subject that she knew about. "It is the counterpart to the Spirit Realm, so to speak, and it is located in the Milky Way Galaxy, which is a type of galaxy called a barred spiral galaxy. It holds over 400 billion stars and 100 billion planets. The solar system that the Earth resides in revolves around a large yellow dwarf star, scientifically known as a G-Type main-sequence star. It is referred to as the Sun by the inhabitants of Earth. The solar system consists of-" she stooped abruptly, realizing that rattling off every single thing she knew about the planet was hardly going to be helpful.

"Anyway." she said, slightly embarrassed, "Does anyone know where we are? I think something went wrong during the transfer... we could be anywhere."

Back to top Go down

Post by iwillregretthistommorrow on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Kai looked at the group as they mentioned Earth. Another joined them, and she looked at them. Than back to the other female who seemed to know everything about earth and it's realm. " It would seem that we are on Earth. My realm corresponds next to that of the humans. " She said, her voice was still light and airy as she spoke. " I would hope we are on earth as well. Though now that we have answered our friend's question of what Earth is, at least a believe we have," She said referring to Auva, " may i ask what the transfer is?" She asked. " May i also ask for everyone's name?' She added looking at the small group of creatures who had started sharing information with each other.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart on Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:07 pm

"I do not understand the purpose of me being here. Can you explain?" Auva demanded, noting the information they've been given. Then they registered a question being asked that they had the answer to

"My name is Auva" even though names barely mattered to them before, they realized their importance when interacting with separate beings who weren't able to respond to their telepathy. "I posses great knowledge of many things that has been accumulated for a long time. However, I am lacking knowledge necessary to function in this world." They said still keeping their eyes shut.
Hart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Peyton supposed that even the most graceful of people -- or dogs -- was apt to occasionally experience indignity, though how he had gone from a California ranch to somewhere with snow was beyond him, even as he struggled to orient himself. Achingly, he picked himself up off the ground, noting that while the tumble had left him bruised, snow damp and a bit rumpled, he was altogether rather put together, which was better than it obviously could have been.

It wasn't a slow process to note that there were others here, some near human and others... less so. He hung back, as rare as it was for him, eyes flickering between the different beings for a few moments. It seemed, for once, that he might actually be the most human of a bunch, which was an odd feeling to say the least. Of course, he looked entirely human right now and so none of them would know otherwise. Hm.

He finally strolled his way towards the group more fully to make his presence known, and took the question that the one person asked with a smile. It there was one thing that Peyton was good at, it was dealing with new situations.

"I'm Peyton. Peyton Fields, if that matters at all."

Maybe it was being not entirely human that made him so easily accept this... or rather, not so much accept it as not panic, though the question of where he was still remained prominent and important in his mind.

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Realms and worlds, things Cozy had never heard of before. He was being provided with few answers and many new questions, but how was he to gain the information he'd need to understand this if he didn't ask? The chimp was walking a fine line and he wasn't sure what he should do; speak and possibly get answers but also put himself in danger, or stay quiet and keep wondering? Getting home had to be his priority, he decided, and for that, he needed answers. It would be risky, but he was in over his head; he needed help.

"Name... Cozy."

His voice was rough, his English crude and broken, but it was the best he could do. It was a miracle that the apes had gained the ability of speech at all, as he understood it. It had only happened because of the medicine Caesar had given to them.

"Not... know... where we... are. What... happened."

There, he needed to take a moment to draw in a few breaths through his nostrils, to swallow and moisten his throat.

"But... will... help."

After a moment or two of thought, he rose to his feet alone, straightening his back as much as he could, admittedly, not quite like some of the other apes were able to. If he was going to reveal that he could speak, he may as well do what he could to make himself resemble something a little more human and less animal. Humans never reacted very well when an ape spoke, Cozy didn't know how this group would behave, but he wanted to minimize any fear or danger that may come of it. He held some degree of bitterness towards humans, this was true - all of the apes did, to some extent - but he was not a bad soul, he got nothing out of striking fear into people for no good reason. He was prepared to protect himself if he needed to, but if not, he was willing to work with these creatures in a positive manner with the shared goal of getting back home. He wasn't sure exactly what he could offer them, but he could at least try, do what he could, and hope for the best.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:37 am

Elida hesitantly nodded, completely unsure of what to say to the strange group. Her studies about Earth would clearly be of no use here; she'd have to find another way to communicate besides rattling off information.

Scanning her surroundings, it seemed that they were in some sort of intersection for a road. Perhaps it would have been more of a problem if they had arrived in the day, but in the early morning, it was completely clear.

"Does anyone know our location?" Elida said. "Or at least have a suspicion? Where on Earth are we?"

The pun wasn't intentional, but it made her smile nonetheless.

Back to top Go down

Post by iwillregretthistommorrow on Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:25 am

Kai smiled as Auva said their name. She smiled as they continued saying that they held knowledge of many things, though none of why they were there, or the planet. She knew that wouldn't be helpful, but that was fine. Kai had a feeling they'd still be a great help for helping them out.

Kai than noticed that a newcomer had joined the group. Two actually. One of the Gave off a overeager energy and overall just seemed happy. She nodded to him as he said his name was Peyton Fields. She than turned her attention to the ape, who was able to speak. That surprised her, for she had never seen an ape talk. But she hadn't seen one in a while so she supposed that could be a new ability for them. It seemed so for he seemed to have trouble talking. She nodded as Cozy spoke, glad he was willing to help. She also noticed that he straightened up his back a bit more as he spoke.

Finally the girl spoke, though instead of saying her name, she asked more questions. " I would have to say we are somewhere north of where my tree is. " She said. It was colder here than back at her tree. " I'm Kai by the way. " She added looking at the group. " I never caught your name. " She added looking back at the female. She wouldn't have bothered with names if she hadn't figured they may be stuck in a group together for a while. She figured names where more polite than just pointing and calling them a nickname based on their appearance.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:58 pm

Auva listened to every word carefully, trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together. For sure, there was a rational solution that would present itself to them if they had enough knowledge and then they could work on getting themselves into their original state. As they listened, though, they didn't find anything the other beings were saying to be of any use. However, that wasn't too big of a setback to them, as they were certain a resolution will come in due time. And patience was one of their biggest qualities.

Finally, they decided to try looking at the world around them again. They knew they couldn't waste any possible knowledge resources available to them. They opened their eyes and kept them open this time. The first thing they noticed about the group was that one being stood out in particular. He was shorter and a lot furrier then the others. Even though they didn't find any importance in how things looked, they found the fact interesting.

"I propose we remain in each other's company in order to find the answers we are looking for. My goal is to return to where I resided beforehand and I am willing to cooperate in order to achieve it. I am also willing to share and exchange knowledge." They said, making their intentions clear. They saw no point in resting any longer now that it was clear nobody here had any relevant and useful knowledge to offer. Being in a group made sense to them as it would make their search easier.
Hart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:01 pm

Excitement at the words coming from the ape probably seemed a bit odd, considering that their other companions probably weren't nearly as well versed in what chimpanzees should and should not be able to do. But Peyton's eyes were wide and he gestured for a moment in a way that didn't do much to make him seem articulate, intelligent, or sane, before deciding that if he could accept that there were rather fairy-like people, and a woman -- or maybe not, he didn't know -- who was over six foot with a night sky for skin, he could very well deal with a talking chimpanzee.

He turned into a dog, anyways.

"I'd say we are North, and we're probably in America," Peyton said after a moment, rubbing at his skin which was now beginning to chill. One moment he had been stretched out on his stomach, watching Toby fix the shed in what passed for winter weather in California, and now he was somewhere with snow. His tank top and shorts didn't exactly fit the place they were, and he didn't know if he would have even had any clothing that would have at home. "Considering that all the signs are in English and those parked cars have steering wheels on the left side. We could also be in Canada, but either way at least we're still on my continent."

If this was even his Earth...

What if it wasn't?

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:31 pm

Cozy watched and listened, feeling more and more useless as the others spoke and posed questions, offering what information they did have. He had exactly none. It had been ten winters or so now since he had had anything to do with the human side of things and this was unlike anything he had seen since before those ten winters. In a place so vastly different than the one he was used to, what use could he possibly be to this random assortment of creatures?

Rocking his weight from foot to foot in a nervous tic, he sniffed harshly through his nostrils and gave a small shake of his head, watching the fog that his exhale produced. The logical thing to assume was that he was nowhere near his home or the part of the human side that he knew, but he had probably already determined that; his mind was racing just a bit, enough to disorient him a little. He didn't know how he could help, how he could get home, and he wasn't coping well with it.

"How get... back?"

It was all he could think to ask at this point, although he wasn't sure if the others would know. That had to be the shared goal here, and surely one of them would know the way, right? One of them had to have some vague idea of what was going on, now that they had at least an inkling as to where they might be, thanks to the information provided by a couple of them already. He hoped so, at least.

The chimp couldn't help but notice, though, that the male human seemed cold, and it was little wonder with what he was wearing. Cozy knew how apes kept one another warm, but he was hesitant to get close to a human, especially one that he didn't know and didn't trust. He did take a few steps closer to Peyton, but was clearly nervous about whatever it was that he was fixing to do, he wasn't sure that the boy would know what that was, and didn't go any closer.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia on Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:21 pm

Elida perked up at the apes?? question, grateful for yet another opportunity to latch on to watch little information she knew.

"Oh, the process is quite simple!" Elida replied, sounding cheerful for the first time. "The snowballs will simply take us back at the end of the month, like they do every year! All we have to do is bring the holiday spirit to the town and we'll be able to go home without any problems!" She paused. "Of course, I haven't done this before, but how hard could it be to bring some good ol' holiday cheer to this town? We'll be home before you know it! It'll go by like that!" She snapped her fingers.

Of course, it seemed like she was trying to convince herself more than anyone else, but that was hardly the issue at hand, wasn't it? As far as she could tell, they had no experience with the holidays either, which could easily result in failure. But could she really do anything about that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart on Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:27 pm

Auva was fazed for a moment. "Bring.. holiday cheer?" They looked at the girl who just said those words, albeit in a lot less confused tone. "Um..." They paused for a moment "Could you please.. elaborate?"

When they got to this world, they gained some knowledge that would be accessible to most humans - being inhabiting this world. However, none of it made much sense behind the most basic things they were aware of. Everything here was a fantastic opportunity to learn and gather new knowledge which seemed to come in slowly while things were normal, but they found themselves just wanting to go back. Maybe it was cowardly? They didn't think it was though, they just decided things were better the way they were before. And they would do anything to get that back.
Hart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwillregretthistommorrow on Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:27 am

Kai looked at Auva. " Holiday Cheer i assume means we need to keep people happy during their holidays that they celebrate. Yes we should be close to them. " She explained to them hoping that would be enough. After a moment she looked at Elida. " What if we fail to bring Holiday cheer to them?' She asked, fearing the answer.

Kai was worried that she would be away from her tree for to long. If she was away for a long time, she would end up dying, which she did not plan on doing anytime soon.

" Also if we are seen i don't think they'll take to kindly to us. I've watched humans for hundreds of years. They don't like change it seems. And a talking Ape, a faerie, a green girl, Someone who looks like they are covered in stars, and a dog who can turn into a boy are quite a change. " She said. " Which means we may also want to move. " She added as she looked at Peyton hearing him say where he guessed they were. She had to agree with him. They did seem quite north.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top