Pets [share/chat]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pets [share/chat]

Post by Mocking on Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:28 am

Not trying to hijack Izaiah's hermit crab thread; just figured I'd make a general pets post.

So, show me pictures of your pets! Babble about them! Or just chat/share tips.

I regret to inform everyone that Kai, my super amazing black moor goldfish, has died due to the incompetence of my family.

Yesterday I bought a Marimo moss ball and named it Isa.

That's pretty much all that's going on in Mocking town.
Mocking

View user profile http://mock-the-hero.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pets [share/chat]

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Nooo! D: Poor Kai, I'm so sorry!

Aside from the ones everybody knows, I also have some fish and a lizard (not including family pets like cats/dogs) I have a golden fantail goldfish, a calico fantail, a black moor, a red cap oranda, an albino cory catfish, and an albino bristlenose pleco. Copper, Cleo, Figaro, Patch, Whiskers, and Kirby, all named after fish I had when I was little xD My lizard, Percival/Percy, is a male jeweled curly tail lizard.

I also have a furreal cuddle chimp named Chimpy (it started out as a sarcastic nickname for him that just stuck) that I sometimes drag around with me to see if it can fool people and you'd be surprised at how many people have thought he was real, lmao. I have a diaper and a collar/leash on him and I carry him with his back facing out, his arms around my neck, supporting him with one arm around his back and the other under his lil tuckus. At a glance its mildly convincing, apparently. Of course everybody thinks he's a monkey and it makes me want to blow my top, but y'know, what can ya do? (Disclaimer: real chimps are not pets, I don't condone that at all, he's a stuffed animal/animatronic, he can't suffer and he can't rip your face off)

Last edited by feelingchimpy on Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:18 pm

...I wrote more about a fake chimp than my actual pets, help me

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OnlyEvan on Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:54 pm

I have five cats, named Mouse, Intrepid (actually mine), Fathead (real name: Trundles Underfoots, however everyone calls him Fathead), Runt(icus Maximus) and Chubbles, and two dogs: Angelee/Angel, an old puppymill rescued Jack Russell who might be going this winter, and Bella, a pomeranian/chihauhau mix who has lost significant weight and is learning to be a real dog and in the past week has become more attached to me?? She belonged to my great Uncle, but they moved and couldn't keep her.

"IZAIAH NO" - Me
OnlyEvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:08 am

Trolling people with a Furreal chimp sounds fun, heh.

Five cats sounds awesome, Evan~ I miss my kitties. Even though one of them is entirely food motivated and the other just wants to lie on people's stomachs.

Oh, there's a tree right outside my dorm window that a red squirrel lives in. He's usually eating pinecones. Sometimes a crow comes and steals them. It's kind of funny to watch because the crow doesn't even want the pinecones, he just wants to throw them onto the ground/annoy the squirrel.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:29 am

@feelingchimpy

I'm not sure if you can help/have kept one before, but I have a question regarding marimo moss balls and you're my go-to pet person.

The tips of my moss ball are turning kind of white-ish and breaking off into the water...I know marimos can turn white when they're exposed to too much sun, but it's not spotting or anything. The water's fine, and it shouldn't be getting too much light, since my dorm room only gets like an hour of sun a day.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:35 pm

I've never had a moss ball, sorry :c I really don't know.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:00 pm

Well, I had a long post typed up, but the site crashed when I tried to send it?? Weird.

Anyways, long story short, there's something really wrong with my university water. It kills fish in days even if you condition it, which punched a big hole in my plan to start keeping neon tetras again.

Also my tank is way too small; it's only two gallons. I bought it for Kai because at the time it was all I could afford and it was still a step up from a tiny/unfiltered goldfish bowl, but even tetras need more room than that, right?
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Reviving this thread because

a) my new icon is my cat Luna, she's cute but super angry all the time which is how you know she's mine (seriously though, in every single picture I have of her she looks so mad)

b) my other cat Tiger had to be euthanized a few hours ago and it sucked

I'm kind of concerned for Luna, though? She grew up in a house full of animals and now she's the last one.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:06 am

I'm so sorry about Tiger, how're you holding up? I had three cats, but in July two died on the same damn day... It was TOTALLY coincidental and they were both very old, but it sucked so freaking bad. The cat we have left doesn't seem too bothered to be by himself, if that helps you at all? :c

I don't have my goldfish anymore, as an update... The whole tank got smacked with some kindof disease and no medicine helped. My bettas aren't around anymore either, but I got a new one for Christmas. He's a cute angry lil dude, a koi betta, and I'm kindof obsessed with him xD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:25 am

I have like three feelings so I'll be fine lmao. It's just odd that he's not around anymore? I had him since kindergarten and he was arguably my companion before any human was, he used to follow me into the forest and stuff.

Oh jeez, that's really bizarre?? Sorry that happened to you.

Fish are surprisingly difficult pets to take care of, I'm finding. Koi bettas are super pretty, though! What's his name? I saw a black and iridescent blue betta over the holidays, he was rad.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:33 pm

Yeah, its especially rough when you lose one that's been around since you were little... :c My cats that just died were 19-ish and 17-ish. It sucks to get multiple animals around the same time 'cause that usually means they all pass away close together... x__x

His name is Twmi (pronounced too-mee) after a chimp at a sanctuary that one of my friends works at. He's been gaining color ever since I got him and nnngh, he's gorgeous. I hope he lasts a long while! I'm already super in love with him. I see so many gorgeous bettas around... Its a good thing I'm not super impulsive xD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu May 18, 2017 8:34 pm

I might be getting an aquarium from my aunt soon (I think it's like twenty gallons idk) and I'm at a loss for what to put in it? I haven't had pets since university started. I mean, the most logical answer would be fish, it's just I've kept so many (SO MANY) fish in the past that it's kind of lost its novelty, I guess.

edit: wait I could get leeches what the fuck why didn't I think of that
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:42 am

Well, I ended up finding thousands of tadpoles while trespassing in an abandoned quarry and I kept five of them. It's been a few weeks now and they've grown legs, but they still have gills. Hopefully they can figure out how to climb up onto the rocks I put in the tank. Still not 100% sure if they're common toads or wood frogs (toads can live thirty years in captivity, lmao, yikes).
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:20 pm

Awww, good luck with your babies! We have a tadpole crisis every year because gray tree frogs always lay eggs in our pool, and of course the tadpoles all die like, right after they hatch because of the chemicals. Its a constant battle of moving frogs out and away from the pool all spring/summer D: We have an artificial pond that we move them to instead but they adamantly refuse to lay eggs there for some reason, and immediately start traveling back to the pool. Its so frustrating.

I raised tons of tadpoles as a kid, I love it ;u; They're so cute when they basically look like a little froglet, but still have a tail. They should be able to figure out how to climb onto the rocks once they're ready to spend time out of the water! Its so cute when they perch on lil rocks and things <3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:00 pm

Gray tree frogs sound nice (man are they loud, though). I wonder why they're drawn to the pool rather than the pond? There wouldn't even be any food in the pool? Unless it's temperature-regulated, I don't know why they'd prefer it.

The tadpoles sprouted arms today, so hopefully they'll figure out how rocks work soon. I still can't tell if they're wood frogs or eastern toads. If they're toads I could keep a couple indefinitely, but wood frogs don't do well in captivity.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:44 pm

Its not temp regulated, it makes no sense at all really. We're completely baffled.

Awww, its so exciting when you wake up and they have lil tiny arms ;u; Here's hoping they're toads!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:16 am

They're climbing up on rocks and jumping and their dumb wet bodies stick to the side of the tank, this is ridiculous to watch lmao
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:42 pm

Oh my god rofl they sound adorable!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:45 am

All the toads are now outside. idk if they'll make it but it's up to them now.

Also, my cat has a cavity (well, "lesion") and it's too expensive to fix :/ I know that feeling. But I still feel bad for her.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:31 am

Awww, good luck little guys!!
Tadpoles have taken over my pool, again, as usual. And as usual, they're all dying within a few days because of the chemicals. And for some strange reason, the ones I catch and put in a tub all disappear by the next morning?? Like, brand new little swimmies, nowhere close to having legs. I think something is eating them :s

I'm sorry :c Hopefully she's feeling alright!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Darn, that's such a bizarre thing to have happen?? The only things I can think of that eat tadpoles are fish and water birds, so. The mystery continues.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:41 pm

I'm wondering if its water bugs... I've seen them eating earthworms, so maybe?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:17 pm

It's possible. Big enough bugs would defo prey on small, squishy babies.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:38 pm

The tadpoles in the pool seem to have all died :c I did manage to save some waterbugs and move them to the pond, though. Three different kinds. The little beetles that zoom around, the long legged ones that skim across the top, and the little divers with two arms.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top