Why, though? [rant]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why, though? [rant]

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:57 am

It seems like every "favorite" discussion I end up in, like, favorite animal, band, movie, that kindof thing... There's always people who feel the need to reply to you directly just to tell you that they don't like your thing. It bugs me so much??? I mean I get that everybody likes different things so obviously people aren't going to like your thing, but why do people feel like they have to go off on a tangent about how much they don't like it? What are they hoping to accomplish? Especially with something as harmless as a favorite animal or favorite band, my goodness. What is the point, seriously? It especially bugs me when they word it as though their opinion is the right opinion and your's is wrong too, there's no need for that, that's just silly. Let people like what they like?? If you don't like it, keep it to yourself???

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why, though? [rant]

Post by Mocking on Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:38 am

Ack, I know! It's like simple statements of "I like this thing" can't go without someone turning them into a debate. It's pointless and I have no clue what they're trying to accomplish. It just makes people not want to talk about things they like because it's not worth the effort of having to defend themselves.

I find this gets really bad with tv shows/animes?? Like, I was participating in a weeb conversation the other day, and every time someone just mentioned liking a particular show they had like three people on them saying "that one's garbage compared to [show they like]".

Like jeez. When people say that stuff it makes me 100% less likely to watch whatever they're talking about out of sheer spite.
Mocking

View user profile http://mock-the-hero.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:19 am

Right?? Why can't people let each other like what they like without feeling like they have to shove their opinion into things? It gives off the impression that they think their opinion is better than your's or means more than your's or something. It comes off as pretty self centered if you ask me??

This was actually spawned by a FR thread about favorite animals of all things. I had two or three separate people ping me just to tell me they don't like chimps. That's kindof a significant number of people compared to the thread post count and I don't know if anybody else got pinged for the same reason but I just think its dumb. I had replied originally and ofc I was nice about it and played it off but I ended up deleting my replies, I'm better off not continuing that convo imo, its pretty pointless. I mean, ping me if you like similar things and want to chat about them, that's awesome, but why if you don't?? I don't understand where that conversation is expected to go ._.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top