Pokémon!

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pokémon!

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:32 am

I've recently gotten into playing around with my Pokemon games a bit more (there isn't much to do since I've beaten them, but y'know, I'm too attached to my Pokemon to restart) and I remembered that WiFi battles are a thing and I got really excited lmfao

Does anybody have XY/ORAS that I haven't added yet?? I'd love to battle if anybody wants to! I don't battle EV trained teams or teams with legendaries though, sorry 'bout that. I like to stand something of a chance, at least.

For anybody who doesn't know my team yet, I'm not going to say what it is. If I did, it'd be easy for people to prepare for it and wipe it out xP As I said, I like to stand something of a chance. I promise, though, I don't use legendaries and I've never been able to figure out EV training, so that's nothing to worry about. I've always used Pokemon that I like instead of powerhouses that competitive battlers favor. I actually think this is the first time I've even had a fully evolved team, its kindof a miracle xP

I have mixed results when I battle my friends tbh, either I wipe the floor with them or I lose miserably, there's nothing in between (I actually held my own against an EV trained team up until my friend had a massive type advantage, so I was pretty proud of myself~) I hope I get a battle someday where its neck and neck down to the last moment, that'd be pretty awesome.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pokémon!

Post by feelingchimpy on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:40 pm

I just decided on a final team for AS. That took long enough, my goodness. Once its all trained up, I'll battle people with AS too and not just Y (which is what the first post was referring to)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:57 am

Due to my idiocy, my 2DS still isn't functional in terms of being able to use wifi, so I can't connect with people far away to battle...or do download events...or game updates...

But, what that means for you folks is that while that legendary Pokemon giveaway event takes place all year, I can totally get you guys cards because I can't use 'em anyways. Speaking of which, this month is Celebi! You don't need a code, I believe. Just Mystery Gift.

I don't EV train or battle. So, in the event that I get my console functioning again someday, there's that.
Mocking

View user profile http://mock-the-hero.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:47 am

Ah, damn, I remember you saying something about that. I hope you're able to sort that out, I don't know enough about tech to be able to help D: I wish I could!

I also forgot to mention in the first post that I breed all starters (some w/egg moves), Pichus w/Volt Tackle, and Riolus w/jacked attacks. I give them away to my friends, just toss any random Pokemon at me. If you do get it working, let me know if you're interested in that?

I've been grinding away in the Chateau in Y, training some members of my AS team. I bred a Chimchar yesterday to keep as my Monferno named Chimpy bc for some reason I hadn't gotten around to doing that yet, I've been training him too. He's lv 80, so I'm hoping I can get him to 100 by tomorrow when I'll be able to trade him to AS (I only keep dragons and birds on Y, along with my breeders, legendaries, and shinies mostly bc it'd take too damn long to trade them all over to AS. I mostly battle people with Y anyway so its easier to trade/battle from the same game) bc my brother is coming home from college and he lets me use his 3DS to trade between my games. Its easier than tryin'a get the damn wifi to work reliably enough to trade them to my Ben/Courage, switch games, and have him trade them back. I'm going to trade the rest of my AS team to Y when I get these three on AS, that way I can train them up quickly too and then be all prepared to battle Ben/Courage when he gets his gay ass over here. He wasn't able to visit this past summer, but he's gonna come either April or May with his tax return so I'm hootin' happily about that! ;3;

Have you found that there are any Pokemon that you disliked in previous gens, but like in YXORAS? The new 3D sprite things make all the difference, Pokemon I thought were ugly are actually cute now, its throwing me for a major loop! I mean especially in Amie, some of them are just too cute to bear. Have you taken a Monferno in there? He freaking hoots and jumps up and down on his feet/knuckles when you pet or feed him, I can't even handle it <333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:54 pm

I tried the Nintendo tech support forums and the person assigned to me refused to answer my y/n question, "will doing a system reset fix this" and instead spent like six replies trying to convince me to call tech support instead, even though I replied every time that I dislike phone calls and it wasn't happening. So.

Sounds like you've got some cool breeding projects! Good luck with your epic Courage battle too, lmao. Is he on this site...? I remember he was on TeenRPG for a little while.

Hmm, I can't think of any off the top of my head. There were very few I disliked in the first place, so I haven't plays around with it too much. Although I noticed that there's certain Pokemon I seem to have on every team.

Oh yeah, I'm going to post my teams in case one day I can battle people again. Also, I don't want to write three essays today and will do anything to avoid them. Like this:

Spoiler:

Pokemon Black

Team 1

"Echo" - Serperior - female - calm & somewhat vain
"Lily" - Stoutland - female - lonely & mischievous
"Huntress" - Krookodile - female - relaxed & often lost in thought
"Fabio" - Swanna - male - hardy & often lost in thought
"Musashi" - Mienshao - male - quiet & somewhat stubborn
Not nameable / "Katsu" - Victini - genderless - jolly & quick to flee - will swap out for a different/mystery Pokemon during battles b/c teams with legendaries suck to fight

Team 2

"Bane" - Tyranitar - male - modest & strong-willed - new addition to team; part of my old SoulSilver crew
"Azazel" - Chandelure - male - quirky & very finicky
"Alare" - Zoroark - female - quirky & likes to run
"Nova" - Arcanine - female - lonely & mischievous
"Thor" - Luxray - male - careful & somewhat of a clown
"Maelstrom" - Carracosta - male - hardy & alert to sounds

Pokemon Black 2

"Salazar" - Serperior - male - calm & a little quick tempered (what??)
"Tesla"/"Tessie" - Ampharos - male - naughty & good endurance
"Spirit" - Lucario - male - brave & highly curious
Not nameable/"Zoro" - N's Zoroark - male - hasty & proud of its power
"Jin" - Floatzel - male - adamant & capable of taking hits
"Gemini" - Hydreigon - male - serious & quick to flee - new addition to team

Pokemon X

"Mizuki" - Greninja - male - modest & likes to Naruto run
"Mari" - Linoone - female - quiet & proud of its power
"Quacklin" - Farfetch'd - male - jolly & takes plenty of siestas
"Aiko" - Raichu - male - lax & often lost in thought
"Rei" - Gardevoir - male - impish & alert to sounds - can Mega Evolve
"Natsu" - Charizard - male - mild & likes to fight - can Mega Evolve (X)

I do this fun thing with Crimson on X where we catch random Pokemon for each other, give them stupid names, swap, and battle. I got freaking destroyed last time because I gave her an OP Foongus. The team I made for her was:

"SHREK" - Quagsire
"Sir Lancelor" (spelling mistake) - Shelmet
"my attorney" - OP Foongus
"dickdiver" (Free! 50% Off joke) - Basculin
"meat crown" - Carnivine
"drink" - Watchdog

Pokemon Omega Ruby

"Slasher" (ode to my first or second Pokemon ever" - Sceptile - male - careful & capable of taking hits - can Mega Evolve
"Cerin" - Mightyena - male - bold & a little quick-tempered
"Raiden" - Manectric - male - rash & somewhat of a clown - can Mega Evolve
"Laica" - Aggron -male - timid & somewhat of a clown - can Mega Evolve
"Lili" - Milotic - male - rash & quick to flee
Not nameable/"Jett" - Latios - genderless - can Mega Evolve - can be swapped for a different/mystery Pokemon if we battle

Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:37 pm

Well that's just terribly inconvenient... Its not that hard to say yes, no, or maybe. >__>

He did join this site, but he hasn't used it yet. He joined it to continue a RP we had on Swizeo and tbh its probably a good thing he hasn't replied to it, I have had absolutely zero motivation to reply to anything outside of Tumblr (as I'm sure you've noticed x__x)

Your teams sound awesome! Definitely more varied than mine, lmao. I have this awful habit of giving myself major weaknesses because I end up having several of the same type(s)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:03 pm

I'll fix it yet...someday. Hopefully before Sun/Moon are released.

Ohh, I see. And it's okay, lmao, I basically don't roleplay/write anymore except for that thing I have going with Taichi. Left PA.

You'd think so, but their effectiveness and movesets usually rely on one Pokemon (in double/triple/rotation battles), and the person I'm fighting somehow intuitively knows this, and once they take out that specific Pokemon I get destroyed, hah.

I like your all-type teams from what I remember of them, though! Before Fairy came out an all-Dragon team would annihilate most things.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:21 pm

I hope you do!

I feel really bad about it but I can't even make myself reply to my RPs with Evan so you know its bad when that happens :/

That's a pain, you think you have a clever strategy and then bam, somebody sees right through you. I've had that happen before ene

I still have my trusty dragons (and almost-dragons) and luckily one of the almost-dragons has a move that can knock out fairies, or I'd be massively screwed. As long as he doesn't go down, I'm usually somewhat okay as long as its not a team of fairies, in which case I have to kiss my ass goodbye xD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:03 pm

Oh my DAYS, I just caught a shiny Xatu in the Safari Zone!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:41 pm

Hooray! Xatu's are cool. Nice and lime green.

I have a bunch of shinies but most of them are probably hacked...I found Wurmple, Fearow, and Marill on my own, though. They're all kinda gross coloured (well, Marill's alright??)
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:13 pm

I got a shiny Joltik through Wonder Trade almost right after I found that Xatu!

I have Luxray and Scyther that I got traded to me by a friend that I've since lost contact with, they said they're not hacked but who knows. Courage/Ben helped me breed a shiny Charmander (now a Charizard) for me the summer before last. I got a shiny Lugia through Wonder Trade (almost definitely hacked) and shiny Rayquaza through an event. So I don't have that many really?? I end up giving most of the ones I get through WT to Ben bc he collects shinies and isn't afraid of hack rumors like I am.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:22 pm

Do hacked Pokemon have some sort of negative affect on the game...?

hoo boy do I have a lot of hacked shinies
Well, some of them might be legit. Who knows. Got 'em off the GTS, when that was still a functional thing.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:15 am

Some rumors say they can corrupt your file, I'm paranoid D:

BUT I just caught a shiny Poliwag through chain fishing and I'm SO HAPPY bc shiny Politoed is SO CUTE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:33 am

Ohh...well, I've used Action Replay on my games before and nothing happened, so I'm just gonna keep holding out hope and weep with wild abandon if something does go wrong.

Oh!! Good job! Poliwag is so cute asdfghjk-

(started building my second Omega Ruby team today, it's the most motley crew yet)
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:23 am

Its never been confirmed in all these years, so I kindof doubt it tbh. I'm sure there's ways hacks can go wrong and mess with things, but

I named him Aqua Ace in memory of Ace Trainer Liam's Poliwag from his SoulSilver Randomizer Quadlocke playthrough, lmao. Tomorrow probably I'll get him to a Poliwhirl and then to a Politoed and he'll be an adorable cotton candy frog <333

My brother is going to help me trade tomorrow so I can work on the rest of my secret team. I got two of them to lv 100 yesterday on Y while I was training Chimpy to 100, now the other four need to be worked on.

Man, though... I thought the stories of getting a shiny in less than an hour with chain fishing were, well, fisherman's tales... I shit you not, it took me around or about an hour or less to get that Poliwag. I'm a believer. Praise be to the suction cups ability.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:26 am

Sounds like he'll be cute!

How does chain fishing for shinies work? I've never tried it before. Should probably catch up on the new methods, though, since I seem to have weirdly good luck in this area.

And if I get one I don't want I can trade it to a friend on campus in exchange for food
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:05 pm

You get a Pokemon with the Suction Cups ability in the front of your party, pick a fishing spot, and fish over and over without moving to a different spot. If you reel in too slow or don't get a nibble, the chain is broken and you start over. Suction Cups makes wild Pokemon appear more often, which is why your Pokemon with it is at the front, it almost eliminates the not getting a nibble scenario. It actually works, I totally didn't expect that!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:52 pm

Okay, so I got a Malamar and a fishing rod and was chaining Feebas under that bridge by Fortree City and after thirty minutes I screwed up and broke the chain and w h y y y

Also, I pitted my Omega and X teams against each other with Crimson and she beat me. I mean, I guess technically I won. And lost.

Did you get the Celebi download event this month?
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:48 pm

Awww damn, that sucks DD: Better luck next time! You'll get it :3

lmao, I bet that was kindof cool! Sometimes its interesting to see how somebody else'd use your team~

I did, yeah. He's so cute >3<

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:21 pm

I got the team to 100! Now for Amie...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:12 am

"I'm not cut out for chain fishing, apparently I can't time hitting a button correctly," says Mocking after yet another bitter Corphish loss.

ooh, good job! Amie can be kinda painstaking, although it's really helpful to get random dodges/status recoveries in battle.

Pokemon Sun and Moon question: is there anything you're really hoping will be in the new games? Which one do you want to get?
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:28 am

They're all done in Amie *stretches arms over head*

You'll get there! <3

Moon 'cause I'm nocturnal, lmao.

I'm hoping for Pokemon to walk behind you again, although I doubt that'll bring that back. It'd also be cool to have a game where you can play through multiple regions again. tbh though I do want gen 7, it'd be incredible if it came out for the 3DS and not a new system because I am in no way prepared to get another system. I don't think they need a new system at this point. The 3DS functions well (aside from that damn defect where regular 3DS screens will get scratched/cracked because the little raised ridge around the touch screen puts too much pressure on the top screen. It started happening to mine, so I took those little nubs that come with under tank reptile heaters and stuck them on the top corners of the top screen. Take that Nintendo, no contact! You ain't getting me to replace mine just yet xD)

Pokemon wise, it'd be great to have more parrots and some actual apes, not just monkeys/some that might be considered apes (like Slaking, and what do you make of the Machop line?? idek) without giving them human features like the elemental monkeys having hairdos, or some of them that are either apes or humanoids or both having clothes. I'd like them to be more natural and true to life? Maybe more whales or some dolphins or something too. Fire type is neglected imo so a boost in their numbers'd be awesome. I think they could lay off of the electric rodents too by this point and I'm on the fence about more Eeveelutions? I know they're both kindof tradition but you can only take something so far before it stops working. I'd love a ghost Eeveelution though, that'd be super cool~ And less legendaries per region, my goodness. I liked it in gen 1/2 where there weren't that many. It made them feel more "special" somehow?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:33 am

Oh jeez, if they come out with a new console for it I'm done, I can't afford them anymore.
That's a weird defect?? Nintendo why

having Pokemon walk behind the player was so cute agh

The Fire-type starter's been themed after mammals since second gen, I think it would be kind of cool to make it a reptile again? Or maybe a starter modeled after a bird (not like Torchic/chicken, like an actual bird that evolves into something that can also fly).

I want more Ghost/Fairy/Ice-types, too.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:21 pm

Nintendo counts it as user error but that's BS, google it and there's looots of complaints. I treat my electronics like gold, I've never broken a game console or a phone or anything, so when my electronics get screen cracks you know something is up. >__>

Fletchling would've been a cool fire starter, if it'd been fire from the first stage. I think we've had more than enough fire/fighting starters, it'd be cool to pair fire up with something else for a change, you know? Or maybe take a break from that and keep them all single type. Although something being part fairy would be pretty cool... I'm not sure if that'd work with fire/water/grass though.

Yesss! And dark and ghost~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:15 pm

Hmpf, figures. Maybe when they inevitably release a new console they'll have worked out the bugs.

Yeah, fire/fighting is old news at this point. I'd be down with single-type starters...if they really want to make 'em duel just give them Mega Evolutions with two types or something.

Hmm...in my new weird team, I wonder if I should swap Sharpedo for Alomomola? Sharpedo's attack is obviously way better, but I already have a Dark-type and predominantly offensive Pokemon...and I feel like I could screw with people with Alomomola's crazy defense/healing moves in anything bigger than a single battle.

Also, do you ever wonder what your occupation would be if the Pokemon universe was real? Like, how aside from Trainers there's breeders and coordinators and hobbyists and stuff.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top