It couldn't have happened any other way

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It couldn't have happened any other way

Post by feelingchimpy on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:50 am

This is not a rant, now that I'm on pain meds I feel much better and now I'm kindof laughing about the whole thing xD

Short version: I got my ass kicked by a dog toy.

Long version: I was playing with Caesar and happened to step on one of his toys while I was running (a toy that I bought, of course) I heard this almighty crack and was immediately limping. It hurt, um, a lot? Mom said it'd be fine by morning so I hobbled off to bed. Morning happens, I try to walk, and almost throw up from how much it hurts. I literally could not walk on it. My parents still said I was fine (um????) and wouldn't take me to a doctor (I have a neurological disorder and can't drive bc it wouldn't be safe) so I basically did not move for that entire day unless I absolutely had to. I was icing it and stuff by then so the pain and swelling went down a bit, but it was obviously still not fine. Next day, I flat out tell dad that if he won't take me to the doctor, I'm getting my friend to (Matthew was out of state for Easter, or he would've) so I ended up in a walk in clinic. They took xrays and all that and it turns out I only sprained my foot??? I mean, to be fair, I've never broken anything so I had no way to gauge how hurt it was by how painful it was, but damn, I can't imagine how painful it'd actually be to break it! Am I just a massive wimp or...?? Anyways, my xrays got sent off to radiologists to make sure there's no fracture that the nurse didn't see and I have to wear a special shoe thing for at least a week while it heals.

I am literally not surprised that this happened at all. If there is a splinter to be stepped on, I step on it. If an animal or person steps on anybody's foot, its mine. If something is lurking and waiting to stub a toe, my toe finds it. My feet might as well have targets painted on them, I swear. So of course it was my foot that got hurt. But by a dog toy? This is such a "me" thing to happen that I am at a loss for words.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It couldn't have happened any other way

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:18 am

Okay so bedtime sucks quite a bit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:21 am

I can't wear the special shoe to bed, so my foot hurts so badly that I can't fall asleep .n. (My phone is misbehaving and splitting up posts??)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum