Video Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Video Games

Post by Mocking on Sun May 01, 2016 8:22 am

What're your favourite games? Any genres you absolutely hate or suck at playing? Excited for something coming out soon? Are there any that you play online, or even competitively?

When I was a kid I played Super Smash Brothers with my cousins all the time, but other than that I was basically restricted to Pokemon, because I lived in one of those families that believed that video games "make you violent". Obviously sheltering me worked out great, because now I like decapitating things in Skyrim.

Haven't played the other Elder Scrolls games in a while. Currently my character is a terrifying/beefy orc named Uwah (yes, like the cute anime noise). Mostly leveling him in two-handed weapons and heavy armour. His follower is Marcurio because whoever wrote his dialogue was sassy and wonderful (also he can kill dragons almost by himself like ??? why is the squishy mage so strong??)

Not a fan of most first-person shooter games. I just can't stay interested in them for some reason. Pixel RPGs like Ib and Corpse Party are good stuff. Horror/survival games (Amnesia: Dark Descent, SOMA, Dead Space, etc) are also up my ally. Still want to play Dark Souls and Bloodborne. I also like Telltale games? Even though you're not actually doing much in terms of gameplay, it's interesting to watch the story unfold based on your choices.
Mocking

View user profile http://mock-the-hero.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Video Games

Post by feelingchimpy on Sun May 01, 2016 3:50 pm

I like turn based. I get too anxious and panicky when the fighting is, um, what do they call it? Melee? I can usually manage on Digimon Rumble Arena games though.

I basically only like Pokemon and Digimon games. I love Harvest Moon games too though, especially Save The Homeland for PS2!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sun May 01, 2016 4:43 pm

Have you played Fossil Fighters before...? It's similar to Pokemon and Digimon but with cool superpowered dinosaurs instead. You have to use your stylus to excavate bones and stuff. It ended up being weirdly addictive, lmao.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sun May 01, 2016 9:31 pm

No, I've never heard of it o: Do they dinosaurs look realistic at all?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sun May 01, 2016 10:32 pm

Sort of? A lot of them have feathers if that's what you mean, but they also tend to be vibrantly coloured because it's technically a fantasy game. It's getting on in years, though, so the cartoony/3d animation style might not be for everyone. There's probably some old trailers on Youtube.

Super Fossil Fighters (the sequel) does some cool things with a sort of mega evolution concept, though! And all the dinosaurs have fact cards and you run around in-game finding fossils and idk there was just something satisfying about it.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Mon May 02, 2016 12:22 am

I might look into it!!

I got the HTTYD game for the DS awhile back and man, if you want to talk about disappointment... ene It looks awful and its so repetitive that you just don't want to do it. The story mode is just fight after fight and it is super short and there's nothing to do after you finish it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Mon May 02, 2016 10:20 am

Ah man, that sucks! You'd think for such a successful franchise they'd make an actual decent game.

The same thing happened with Guardians of Ga'hoole (that book series about owls). Apparently the game was trash.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Mon May 02, 2016 4:11 pm

I hear that the games for other consoles were amazing, especially Xbox 360. DS just got the short end ene

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Tue May 03, 2016 3:43 pm

Yeah, DS usually seems to have that problem...speaking of DS, did you need/want a code for Darkrai this month? There's a chance I'll be going near an EBGames, so.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Wed May 04, 2016 3:35 pm

That would be awesome if its not any trouble, I don't get a chance to go to any game stores for codes like that so I usually miss out unless you get one for me ^u^;;

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Wed May 04, 2016 9:36 pm

Okiedoke, I'll see what I can do. Some of the Pokemon you can just grab over an internet connection (like Celebi last month/whenever that happened, apparently), but I know for sure that Darkrai's from a physical card.
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu May 05, 2016 1:22 am

They're doing Zygarde right now, I think shiny Xerneas and Yvetal (I hope I spelled those right, lmao) might be from the internet connection thing soon???? I hope so, I'll be so angry if they're some dumb exclusive thing.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Fri May 06, 2016 8:52 pm

@feelingchimpy

Your Darkrai code is A5Z3C88UNK7G9G8U
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sat May 07, 2016 3:15 pm

Thanks so much Mocking! <3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:09 pm

Hoo boy, so I have a story to share, idk I just found it funny.

A couple days ago I finally bought Darkest Dungeon, because the only games I'm good at are turn-based strategy RPGs, and I've been obsessively playing it. To sum this up briefly, you have to manage your party's stress levels by having them do activities in town-- like visit the brothel, tavern, or church --or else they can have a mental meltdown and die while in a dungeon.

My strongest character is a knight named Reynauld. Knights are supposed to be gallant and chivalrous and all that...and then there's Reynauld.

All characters have a set of randomly generated personality traits and quirks. Most of my party is good...and then, Reynauld. Reynauld steals all of my dungeon loot. He's so weird and fetishy that the brothels won't even let him in; he probably likes the tentacled eldritch horrors we fight in the dungeons. He cheats at gambling and goes on drinking binges, so the tavern also won't let him in. The only thing the game will let him do for stress relief is crawl to the church like the filthy sinner he is and pray. And even then, he goes awol for a few weeks on religious journeys to "find himself".

tldr: I can't believe I have to kinkshame my own pixel knight
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:32 pm

Oh my god, I don't even know what to say lmfao

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mocking on Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:52 am

I also started playing Stardew Valley. Imagine you're living in the most rural farming community on the planet when one day this weird redheaded punk moves into an abandoned shack, plants like two parsnips, essentially joins a LARP club, and then spends the rest of his time trying to seduce the local emo.

(date my farmer you purple-haired rebellious edgelord)
Mocking

Back to top Go down

Post by feelingchimpy on Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:41 pm

Oh my goodness lmao that sounds like an adventure for sure xD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down